Question about Amana NTW4700YQ Top Load Washer NTW4700YQ
Wont start, lock clicks multiple times
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
To get the front off. (All screws look to be #2 Phillips Screws)
1. You have to unscrew (2) phillips screws from the back that holds the top on.
2. Slide the top off. (slide towards the back)
3. Then where the control panel is there is about 4-6 screws holding that plastic piece on, take those out this will allow you to pull the control panel up and out of the way.
4. At this point you can unscrew the 4-6 screws in the door area that holds the front of the washer on, once you unscrew those screws there is a tab that you have to lift the front over to pull the front off. This will allow you access to the locking mechanism.
5. There are only 2 screws holding te locking mechanism on.
Posted on Nov 18, 2010
Hello there and welcome to fixya
From what you're describing it sounds like the drain pump is blocked. The nd error code indicates "no drain". If the unit can't drain it won't spin. You're going to have to slide the washer out far enough to remove the rear panel; be careful not to damage the floor. Once you get the rear panel off you will see the pump. Be sure to have plenty of towels & a small container to catch water. I am sending you instructions from the service manual to remove and replace the pump. Another possibility is the drain line is blocked or something is stuck in the tub to pump hose.
Posted on Nov 05, 2011
Check and see if there is a cup in the top of the agitator. Some machines have you put it there, turning back and forth during wash doesn't bother it, but the spin to empty the wash water causes the softener to go out through slots in the top of the cup and be held in the agitator. when it stops the softener drains into the tub, ready for the rinse cycle.
Posted on May 30, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 24, 2017 | Amana Washing Machines
Aug 29, 2017 | Amana Washing Machines
Dec 13, 2014 | Amana Washing Machines
Sep 24, 2014 | Amana 3.2 cu. ft. Top-Load Washer
Apr 13, 2014 | Amana NTW4700YQ Top Load Washer NTW4700YQ
Feb 18, 2013 | Amana Washing Machines
Jan 16, 2009 | Roper RAX4232KQ Top Load Washer
Feb 24, 2008 | Amana ALW480DA Top Load Washer
Mar 26, 2017 | Amana NTW4700YQ Top Load Washer NTW4700YQ
31 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: