The board has specific requirements for memory. Here's the Memory Configurations :
- You may install 256 MB. 512 MB and 1 GB unbuffered non-ECC DRR DIMMs into the DIMM sockets using the memory configurations in this section.
• Installing DDR DIMM. Other than the recommended configurations may cause
memory sizing or system boot failure.
• In dual-channel configurations, install only Identical (the same type and size) DDR DIMM pairs for each channel.
install DIMMs with the same CAS Latency. For optimum compatibility , It Is recommended that you obtain
memory modules from the same vendor
• Double-sided x 16 modules are not supported on this motherboard.
• Due to chipset resource allocation, the system may detect less than 4 GB system memory when you installed four 1 GB memory modules.
For dual-channel configuration you may:
install identical DIMMs in all four sockets
• install identical DIMM pair in DIMM_A1 and DlMM_B1 (blue sockets) and identical DIMM pair in
DIMM_A2 and DIMM_B2 (black sockets)
• install same size DIMMs in DIMM_A1 and DIMM_B1 (blue sockets) and another same size pair in DIMM_A2 aid DIMM_B2 (black sockets)
Hopefully this will help understand how to install the new memory.