Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
We have a jam in our shredder and we can not figure out how to open it to clear the jam?
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
This exact thing has happened to my unit as well. Ive disassembled it to discover that 5-7 teeth on the gear that the motor drives have been stripped off. Unless the gear can be replaced (which is probably not worth the expense), then the unit is toast. Sorry. Good luck.
Posted on Nov 01, 2009
Just a FYI: I had the same problem. Nothing appeared jammed. But I took the housing cover off and low and behold the rubber roller that turns the shredders had MELTED to the inside. That's why it wouldn't work. This happened while shredding a single DVD - something I had done effortlessly on numerous occasions. You may want to check to see if the roller melted or if some debris has jammed up inside the unit, like mine did often.
Posted on Jan 08, 2010
SOURCE: spl-s2420 is my Staples shredder
1. Press the "Reverse" switch on your shredder with one hand while gently pulling the jammed paper back toward you. This should free any jammed paper from your shredder. If it does not, go to the next step.
2. Turn your shredder off and unplug it from the wall outlet. Allow your shredder to cool down for at least one hour before touching the shredder head and gears.
3. Remove the shredder head from the wastebasket and pull out any clumps of paper in the shredder.
4. Use a letter opener or a pair of tweezers to remove small pieces of paper that you see in the shredder, and then use a can of compressed air to force out stubborn paper particles stuck in the gears.
5. Place the shredder head back on the wastebasket or canister and plug it back in, and then coat a full sheet of paper and the gears with shredder oil. Allow the oil to stand 15 minutes and press the "Reverse" button to test your shredder; this should remove any final debris from your machine.
If this doesn't help, please let me know for further directions.
Posted on Jun 20, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 21, 2017 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Dec 08, 2016 | Shredder Office Equipment & Supplies
May 17, 2014 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Dec 10, 2013 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 06, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 10, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 16, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 05, 2008 | Office Depot Ativa DQ60M Shredder
103 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!