Question about Ovens
I want to replace hinges on oven door how do I get them off
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
1. Open the oven door and remove the 2 screws at the side of the inner glass window 11cm above the hinges and lift off the door. Place it somewhere safe!
2. Remove the 4 screws that you can see nearest to the left and right edges of the oven with the door removed. These secure the oven to the kitchen unit.
3. Slide the oven forwards about 20cm out of the unit, being careful not to pull on the cable.
4. Each hinge is held in place by 2 screws at the side of the unit now exposed, about 18cm apart. Remove them and slide out the hinges. Reassembly is the reverse of the above.
5. Note that the hinges have no means of adjustment. If not working properly, renew them.
Posted on Jan 02, 2012
I just took my oven door off and took it apart to clean the glass inside. I don't have a maytag but they probably all work alike. Just open the door like you are going to broil something and just lift it up. It should slide right off. Shouldn't have to unscrew anything. Hope this helps. Arlene
Posted on Nov 15, 2008
Pull the door down as far as it will go, and at the lower end of the hinges, there you should see what looks like 2 round discs, with a step cut out, rotate the discs with a scewdriver as far as they will go,then close the door and pull it towards you, the door should then pull off.
Replace both hinges, not just the one ,or it will close unevenly.
Slot the hinges back into the hinge slots, pull the door down, rotate the disc back to their original setting, and that should be it.
Plz rate this solution. Thanks.
Posted on Dec 27, 2008
If you got to:
Then click on youtube videos, and in the search box type in: fitting oven door hinge, you should be able to get all the info you need to help solve your problem.
Please leave a fixya rating for my suggested solution.
Posted on Feb 08, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 24, 2016 | Electrolux 30" Built-In Single Electric...
Apr 02, 2016 | Moffat Ovens
Jun 21, 2011 | GE JKP15 Electric Single Oven
May 28, 2011 | Ovens
Jul 24, 2010 | Ovens
Mar 13, 2010 | Stoves Ovens
Nov 20, 2009 | Stoves Premier 600EMa Electric Single Oven
30 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!