Question about HP DeskJet 1200c InkJet Printer
The Check Paper light comes on after it goes through the warm up cycle and starts the feeding process. I have taken apart the printer and checked the paper prox switch, it seems to be clean and mechanically funtioning.
The paper will go through and stop at the point where its ready for printing but the check paper light comes on everything stops.
Anyone seem this before?
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
It may be the rollers that grab the paper and pull them into the tray, over time they start wearing down and losing their grip, kind of like a car tire. There are rejuvinator pads available that will give the rollers a little big of their grip back but I don't know how effective they are because I've never used one.
Posted on Jul 12, 2007
SOURCE: paper feed problems hp PSC 1510
1. Turn the printer off and open the access cover.
2. Look for any obstructions in the paper path and remove them if necessary. (It is possible to move the carrier assembly with the power off.)
3. Turn the printer on, load some paper, and press the Form Feed button.
4. Watch the paper as it feeds through and try to determine where the jam is occurring.
5. Check to see if all the rollers are turning.
If all the rollers are turning, there may be something in the feed path that you can't see. Go to step 6.
If not, there is probably a feed motor or a gear problem and the printer may require service.
6. If the paper is jamming under the carrier assembly, you may be able to fix it using the manual feed slot.
7. Turn the printer off.
8. Take a #10 envelope and feed it through the left side of the manual feed slot until it comes right through the printer to the back of the exit rollers.
9. Move it up and down first, and then slowly move it over to the right side. If something is stuck under the black guide plate, this may work it loose.
Posted on Oct 17, 2008
Yes, there is a sensor on the right side of the carriage that points down at the paper, you use a Q-tip moist with water and wipe the underside of this sensor, you may need a couple since quite a bit of ink sprays onto this sensor.
Posted on Jul 20, 2009
This sounds like a problem with the paper pick up rollers. I would suggest cleaning the rollers with a little isopropyl alcohol. Please make sure the machine is turned off when doing the cleaning. Let the rollers dry for a few minutes. If this does not work, The rollers would probably have to be replaced.
Posted on Aug 28, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 27, 2015 | HP Deskjet 2050 All-in-One Printer
Jun 04, 2007 | HP DeskJet 920c InkJet Printer
Jul 12, 2010 | HP Deskjet 3845 InkJet Printer
Aug 28, 2009 | HP DeskJet 1200c InkJet Printer
Aug 25, 2009 | HP DeskJet 612c InkJet Printer
Mar 11, 2009 | HP DeskJet F4280 All In One Printer InkJet
Jan 23, 2009 | HP DeskJet 1200c InkJet Printer
56 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: