Question about KitchenAid KHMS145KSS Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Samsung microwave internal vent cover melted

The plastic cover over the vent situated inside the over compartment has melted through/burnt. Why would that be?

Posted by on

  • David Roberts
    David Roberts Nov 26, 2013

    So while I wait for the spare part is there a temporary cover I can use or does it have some special properties

×

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 7,993 Answers

The temperature reached a high enough value to make the plastic melt .The device ran for too long. The device ran without any substance (food) to heat.

Posted on Nov 26, 2013

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

I burnet a styfoam, and plastic cover in the microwave. The smell is awful, like melted plastic and burnt wood. My entire house smells horrible. Is there some way to get the smell out.


Try pouring some vinegar in a cup and microwaving until the vinegar steams. This works well when burnt popcorn smells up the microwave.

...

Apr 21, 2016 | In Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Had a power surge, microwave started to smoke. Reset power in the house and microwave works fine. 1) Is there anything I should be concerned about? 2) If I continue to use it, can it catch on fire?


Microwave ovens have a lot of safety devices built in. Not sure why or where it was smoking from but without removing the cabinet and having a visual look for something burnt, it would be impossible to say. If the machine is now working OK, ??? who knows. All I can say is that for the next few future uses of the machine, I wouldn't leave it unattended in case there is something that has failed. Chances of fire in a microwave is possible but this is usually something that you are cooking that catches fire, not the machine itself. I have seen the mica cover plate burn in the cooking compartment. It may be that ? Its a small squarish plate that is usually on the side of the oven compartment. It stops food etc and splatters from going into whats known as the waveguide tunnel (The part where the microwaves come out) On some machines, this cover may be plastic. Have a close look inside the oven compartment for a cover that has burn marks or discoloration.

Apr 13, 2015 | In Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

What is the cause of the smell of burnt plastic coming from my kenmore elite microwave?


Frequently this is caused by a loose connector to a thermal protection device (a TCO) or some other connector that has a plastic sleeve over it. The connector is loose, which is causing heat, which is melting the plastic. You would have to remove the cover to find the bad device and connector. This is a job for a professional microwave repairman.

Jul 23, 2014 | Kenmore Elite Microwave, Model...

1 Answer

How to change the inside bulb in a ge spacemaker microwave that has a top vent fan


My Spacesaver bulb replaces from the top. You have to remove 2 screws that hold the upper vent cover. W/ cover off you will find a phillips head screw about the center that holds the bulb cover. Remove the cover screw & lift up & remove the cover, then replace the bulb, the cover & screw then put the vent cover & it's 2 screws back. There may be some variance but they are all similar.

Mar 16, 2013 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

I have an LG Microwave. A Week back i mistakenly microwaved sausages for 20 min. They got burnt and the microwave also started stinking. i aired it out and microwaved a cup of water twice on separate...


Hi hafsahparkak,

Plz follow the steps below once again ...hope it works if not plz revert:
  • 1

    Unplug the oven and unfasten the cabinet body, using a screwdriver. The body should be attached along the back as well as along the sides or bottom.

  • 2

    Slide the cabinet body back slightly to clear any internal brackets, then lift it off.

  • 3

    Clean the oven, using a vacuum with plastic crevice attachment. Vacuum the fan and other internal parts, then vacuum the vents underneath the oven, on the back and inside the chamber.

  • 4

    Reassemble the oven and plug it in.

  • 5

    Fill a small bowl with a 50-50 mixture of water and white vinegar, then set it in the oven and turn the oven on high for 5 minutes. When the mixture boils, it will remove stubborn smells inside the vents and loosen food particles on the oven walls.

  • 6

    Wipe down the oven walls with a clean sponge.

  • Aug 22, 2011 | Viking DMOC205SS Microwave Oven

    1 Answer

    The inside light is burnt out on our electrolux microwave. How do I get to it to replace it?


    unplug first..... take cover off ... look inside microwave were it is then look inside in top ... it will have a white or black plastic housing .. with 2 wires going to it.

    Feb 27, 2011 | Electrolux Microwave Ovens

    1 Answer

    My microwave has melted a huge hole 17 cm in diameter in the plastic cooking cover - what is wrong with the microwave.


    Nothing is wrong with the microwave, the plastic cover was either not microwave suitable or a splash of grease/oil/food was stuck to the plastic and melted it.

    Jan 24, 2011 | LG LMV1630ST Microwave Oven

    1 Answer

    Plastic melted inside oven, dripping from ceiling Kenmore 721


    The round peice in top of unit is a cover for the stirrer wich moves waves around for even cooking. The reason for it melting is almost certainly there is not enough paint in cavity and waves are shorting out to metal.CALL the manufacturer and depending on age of unit they may replace it free

    Apr 21, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

    1 Answer

    Microwave (inside on right hand side wall) has a plastic cover. Behind this cover while popping popcorn there was bright yellow/red flashing/light, it started to melted the plastic cover within seconds....


    You don't say which make/model microwave you have, but on every model I have ever seen the thing that sits behind the plastic cover is the magnetron - the bit that actually generates the microwaves.

    Unless the microwave was a fairly top-end model, you might well be cheaper to just buy a new one.

    Hope this helps,

    Matt

    Mar 27, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

    1 Answer

    Microwave


    A microwave needs all those surfaces to be fully reflective. those scorch marks greatly affect the magnetron. it will soon burn out . reccommend a new microwave.

    Feb 17, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

    Not finding what you are looking for?
    KitchenAid KHMS145KSS Microwave Oven Logo

    109 people viewed this question

    Ask a Question

    Usually answered in minutes!

    Top KitchenAid Microwave Ovens Experts

    William Miller
    William Miller

    Level 3 Expert

    9047 Answers

    Stu Ungar

    Level 2 Expert

    52 Answers

    Darial Jr Lasaria
    Darial Jr Lasaria

    Level 3 Expert

    378 Answers

    Are you a KitchenAid Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

    Answer questions

    Manuals & User Guides

    Loading...