" does NOT sound like the issue.
If you don't have your original thermostat (to go back to)... I'd suggest you push yours back over the counter... FROM WHENCE it CAME.
Perhaps to TRY ANOTHER... or buy a simple thermostat...
No bells, whistles... networks or friend cyber-neighbor (802.11 access).
Re-install it and establish that you have a well functioning & reliable system heating.
specs indicate 434 Mhz... (below)
Being a RADIO-MAN my first inclination would be to look for
when there is a ton of SMART-Phone APPs
that will RELIABLY provide GLOBAL remote...
(ALEXA / ECHO
: talking interface)
rather than ROOM REMOTE... ??
SENSI, NEST & HONEYWELL
... just to skim the surface...??
(Sorry.. Can't help asking).
Towerstat Radio Frequency Programmable Room Thermostat - Features
Amazon com wifi controlled thermostat
- Transmitter dimensions: 116 x 100 x 23.5mm, weight 126g;
- Receiver dimensions: 91.5 x 91.5 x 42mm, weight 176g;
- Power supply: Transmitter 2 x AA(LR6) batteries;
- Receiver: 230VAC 50Hz;
- Accuracy: + / - 60 seconds / month;
- Temp. measurement: 0degC to 40degC in 0.5degC resolution;
- Temp. accuracy: + / - 10 at 20degC;
- Temperature Control: 7degC to 30degC in 0.5degC increments;
- Span: 1, 2, 3, or 40C;
- Air conditioner cycle time: 3 minutes;
- Operation temperature: 0degC to 40degC;
- Storage temperature: -10degC to 60degC;
- Operating frequency: 434 MHz.