Question about Brother DCP-340CW All-In-One InkJet Printer
Message on display says unable to clean. I have followed the trouble shooting guide and I have check paper path and it is clear. Th eproblem will not clear
When you have purged , cleaned the print heads, your Brother Printer
about 6,450 times it will be unable to print anymore. This is because
they recommend that the printer is serviced this will cost you up to
£120 (not bad for a printer that costs £60 NOT!!!)
The simple way is to spend £25 and buy your own replacement pads if you are up to taking the printer apart, see service manual this is hard to get hold of as are these instructions !!!!
In the mean time you can RESET this purge count back to zero using the MAINTENANCE 80 menu, to continue using the printer for a while until you get the new pads. But it on a tray as if they are full they may start to leak onto your desk....
1 . Press (MENU) (MONO START) then (^) OR <the up arrow> four times, the Photo Capture and Red Exclamation Lights will then flash.
2. Press (^) eight times until you see <8> then press (SET)
3. Press (^) twice until you see <0> then press (SET)
You will now be in MAINTENANCE 80.
4. Press the (MONO START) its a toggle until you see PURGE:6451 ( I guess this means you have cleaned the heads over 6,450 times their threshold level.) you will need to enter the code <2783> to RESET it.
5. Press (^) twice until you see < 2 > then press (SET)
5. Press (^) eight times until you see < 7 > then press (SET)
5. Press (^) nine times until you see < 8 > then press (SET)
5. Press (^) four times until you see < 3 > then press (SET)
The Printer will beep then reset counter will be at ZERO <0000000>
Posted on Sep 23, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 14, 2017 | The Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 23, 2012 | Brother MFC495CW
Feb 29, 2012 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 20, 2010 | Brother DCP 165C Compact Color Inkjet...
May 27, 2009 | Brother MFC-5440CN All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 14, 2007 | Brother MFC 420CN All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 17, 2012 | Brother DCP-340CW All-In-One InkJet...
251 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: