I have a SKPE Phillips phone VO1P8411B/37. In an effort to fix the phone I de-registered it. When I select REGISTER, it comes back with 'Registration failed'. I tried to put in the default code of 0000...
Firstly, unplug the base unit, then remove from this base unit the ethernet cable and most importantly, unplug the telephone line! Then remove the batteries from the 2nd handset. Keep everything unplugged for a few minutes, then plug the power into the base unit, wait 1 minute, then plug in the Ethernet cable and wait 5 more minutes. Do NOT plug in the telephone line just yet. After the 5 minute wait, put the batteries back into the 2nd handset and then follow the registration instructions from the manual (copied below)...
Make sure you have configured the language, country code, and area code of your
phone before registering additional handsets.
1. Press "Reg.". Register shall be highlighted.
2. Enter the system PIN (Default: 0000). Use "Clear" to correct typing errors.
3. Press "Enter" to confirm.
• Your handset starts searching for the base.
4. Press the top button on the base unit until the two indications turn off.
• If registration is unsuccessful, the signal icon displays steadily.
TIP: IF REGISTRATION FAILED, REPEAT THE ABOVE PROCEDURE.
Like other methods, you must hold down the button on the base unit until the lights STOP blinking. When you have successfully registered your 2nd handset, then plug in the telephone line into the base station. I did the above and it worked! The trick is to be patient and wait the few minutes while everything resets itself.
Aug 05, 2010 |
Philips Lands Phones