Question about Lexmark Z645 InkJet Photo Printer
Printing blank pages
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
If your cartridge is new (or full) and you know that not just from ink levels display, then you did not used the printer for a while (at least a month) and the nozzles of the cartridge are clogged. If u used the cartridghe 4 or 5 moths ago, then the whole cartridge is dryed out, so get out and get yourself a new cartridge.
If it's just a month, then you should put a paper-tissue on a small plate (like a coffee-cup plate), then put some boiling water on it, just 2~3mm of water over the tissue.
Put the cartridge with the nozzles part downside on the tissue, in the hot water.
Let it stay there in the water 30 min.
Put the cartridge in an other clean tissue, than shake it strongy as if you want to force ink to get out trough the nozzles. Then clean gentle the nozzle part of the cartridge on some sheets of tissue.
Install the cartridges it in the printer and run a few cleaning processes from the printers maintenance software.
If the cartridge is new and just installed in the printer, and you have the inklevels but it does not print, then get it out of the printer and back to the store, they should replace it for you. I hope you removed the protective plastic stripe that covers the nozzles before installing the cartridge?...
OK, let ne know please how things evolve.
Hope it helped you, rate the solution.
Almoust forgot: ink levels are displayed by Lexmark inkprinters by estimating the ink consumed trough you printing process, it has no sensors in the cartridge. It's just kind of a counter, you can evan set an empty cartridge to be seen as a full one.
Posted on Feb 15, 2008
SOURCE: Printing Blank Pages
Try checking the ink cartridges and make sure they have ink in them or it will keep printing blank pages. Then try printing a test page by going to control panel, clicking on printers and faxes and right clicking on your printer and going to properties. Then go all the way down to the bottom of the page and click print test page. It will clean the printer cartridges and align them to print correctly. It should work after that.
Posted on Nov 08, 2008
Fond this on the Lexmark Website. Hope it helps.
Attention Windows Vista Users
If you have installed your printer on your PC using an original Lexmark Driver CD that came with your product and you are experiencing problems when printing, you may have installed the Windows XP driver.
Follow these steps to resolve:
· 1) Disconnect your USB cable from your printer.
· 2) Uninstall all Lexmark printer drivers on your PC.
· 3) Download the correct Vista driver for your model.
· 4) While leaving the USB unconnected, Install the driver on your PC.
Important - Do not reconnect the USB cable until the install software prompts the question of how the printer is connected.
Posted on Jan 14, 2009
The problem that you are experiencing is caused by the way the text is formatted in most word processing documents. By default envelopes are printed not in black, but a dark gray. This confuses the printer and causes it to use the color cartridge to process gray instead of using the black cartridge.
You can fix this problem with one of two ways:
1. Click on "Start", "Control Panel" and click on "Printers and Faxes." Right click on the "Lexmark Printer" icon and select "Properties." Click on "Printing Preferences." Go to "Quality/Copies" tab and select the option "Print color images in black and white."
2. You can also change the color of you text to a true black in your word processor. This will require you to resort to the word processor's documentation and help files.
Both of these settings will cause your printer to use the black cartridge instead of the color. If either one of these solutions solves your problem, it means your color cartridge needs to be cleaned or replaced. If you feel that the color cartridge should not be out of ink, please follow the steps given below:
Clean Nozzle Procedure:
1. Go to the "Solution Center" and click on the "Maintenance" tab.
2. Select "Clean to fix horizontal strips."
The colors that you should see here are black, yellow, magenta (a reddish purple) and cyan (a dark sky blue). You should notice the diagonal lines above and below the solid horizontal lines. These diagonal lines should be solid from left to right with no gaps.
If there are gaps in the lines or the print diminishes across the page, you should run the "Clean Print Nozzles" page a couple more times to try and clear it up. If you still have gaps at the top and bottom, you should "wick" the cartridges by following the steps given below:
1. Select "Install color/black cartridge" and remove the cartridge from the printer.
2. Get a damp paper towel.
3. Set the ink cartridge right side up on the damp paper towel so that the ink nozzles are against the towel and hold the cartridge in this position for about 15 seconds.
4. Now wipe the print head (on the bottom where the ink comes out) across in one direction only (left to right) until it looks clean.
5. Next dab the cartridge on the towel to make sure that the ink is flowing.
6. Snap the cartridge back into the printer.
7. On your computer, select "Old Cartridge installed."
8. Repeat the "Clean to fix horizontal strips" procedure listed above.
If this procedure does not help, please let us know so that we can continue with technical support.
Posted on Oct 01, 2009
Testimonial: "Thank you. I was on the phone with Lexmark a whole hour last night and they couldn't fix it. This corrected the problem immediately! You are a Wiz"
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 09, 2011 | Lexmark Prospect Pro205 Wireless...
May 08, 2011 | Lexmark Z645 InkJet Photo Printer
Apr 12, 2010 | Lexmark Z640 InkJet Printer
Apr 13, 2009 | Lexmark Z645 InkJet Photo Printer
Jan 06, 2009 | Lexmark Z645 InkJet Photo Printer
Jun 14, 2008 | Lexmark Z645 InkJet Photo Printer
Feb 08, 2008 | Lexmark Z640 InkJet Printer
30 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!