Question about eMachines M6811 Notebook
Hi, I have a Emachine. One day, my laptop started to system restore and then afterwards, it asked for the original factory password and I tried typing different ones-they're all wrong. I did the F2 and my adminstrator password is correct and so I rebooted. Still the original password request came on. I didn't save my password on a disk and I tried putting a USB, still didn't work. I tried everything, F2 and F10 to reboot, and still the original factory password request came on. I need help, pls....I got my laptop as a gift and it didn't come with a disk to restore. Help ? Thanks!!!!
Insert OS cd in drive and start reinstalling by selecting repair mode
now once all files are loaded system will reboot when you see the Installing Devices progress bar, press SHIFT + F10
this will give you access to your account also you can reset all passwords
Now restart lappy and let the system boot normally without OS cd in drive
now you will come to old screen and previously configured desktop with all intact aplication and icons on desktop and it will no more ask you for password till you set a new one
Thanks and regards
Kindly rate this solution
Posted on May 13, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
When you boot up to the log in screen type in administrator as the user to log in once you have your computer running again you have to take control (administrator)control panel user accounts on the users tab,click the name of the computer administrator you can change the password there or if your computer has a system restore you can restore it to an earlier date which will have your personal settings
or during the boot process you will see on the screen to press a certain key to enter setup Press and hold that key during the boot up process to enter BIOS you can load failsafe defaults
or load optimized defaults ,press escape then press f10 to save to cmos to restart or during the boot process tap the f8 button three times this will boot into safe mode where the only things working will be your mouse and keyboard enabling you to attempt to repair your computer
hope this helps
Jan 08, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Please go through the below step, you can able to do it.
1) Shut down the Dell Latitude D620 if it's currently powered on. Click "Start" in the left-hand corner of the screen to access Windows' shut down options. Alternatively, press and hold the Latitude's power button, located on the top edge of the laptop's keyboard.
2) Turn on the computer by pressing the laptop's power button.
3) Press and hold "F8" on the top of the laptop's keyboard immediately after turning the computer on. If the Windows logo appears on the screen, you're too late and must repeat Steps 1 through 3 again. If you pressed it in time, a list of text options will appear on the screen.
4) Use your keyboard's arrow keys to scroll down to "Repair Your Computer." Push the "Enter" key on your keyboard.
5) Choose a language from the next list and select "Next." If you've password-protected your laptop, you will be prompted to enter your user name and password at this time.
6) Press "Dell Factory Image Restore." A new window will appear. Click "Next" and select the option for reformatting the hard drive and restoring the factory condition of the laptop.
Dec 17, 2010 | Dell Latitude D620 Notebook
May 30, 2010 | Dell Latitude D620 Notebook
Apr 16, 2010 | Dell Latitude D620 Notebook
Jun 16, 2009 | Dell Latitude D620 Notebook
May 08, 2009 | eMachines eMD620-5133 Notebook
Jan 04, 2009 | Dell Latitude D620 Notebook
Nov 14, 2008 | Gateway MT3705 Notebook
Sep 07, 2008 | Computers & Internet
May 10, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Aug 03, 2010 | eMachines M6811 Notebook
1,360 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: