Question about Audio Players & Recorders
How do I hard reset my SONY BDV N790W from the console? The unit does not display anything on the TV
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
It sounds like overheating is making it go into protection mode. It fails, cools off, starts up again. make sure it has proper ventilation and you're not pushing it too hard (loud).
Posted on Feb 25, 2010
SOURCE: Sony BDV-E300 doesn't open Tray
See the below side of the set there is a hole use hair pin to eject your disc.Do not too much force on it other wise you will broken any part.
Posted on Oct 30, 2010
I used the SONY Blu-Ray hack with the one-for-all remote (7730) and it worked OK:
Sony BDP-S350/S550/S5000ES DVD Multi-region hack - all4one remote 'Forum Bike'
I selected the BD/DVD function after Standby, pressed the 1-5 buttons as per the instructions, and the 24p indicator flashed. After switching to Standby & back again, it played a R1.
Try this, found it on another forum whilst awaiting help on a problem myself. fingers crosses doing helps me as well.
By the way, two users out of two who tried this both said it works.
Posted on Nov 03, 2010
SOURCE: I bought a Sony BDV-E570
NO LIABILITY IS OFFERED HERE!! THIS IS A HACK!!!
Full procedure for a oneforall remote is as follows:
1. Press DVD
2. Hold the magic button until the DVD button flashes twice.
3. Press 0533
4. Hold the magic button until it flashes twice.
5. Press 994
6. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
7. Press 00189 (if your oneforall remote uses 4 digit or 3 digit codes, use less leading zeros)
8. Press 1 ( this sets it to key 1 - it flashes twice )
9. Hold the magic button until it flashes twice.
10. Press 994
11. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
12. Press 00255
13. Press 2 ( this sets it to key 2 - it flashes twice )
14. Hold the magic button until it flashes twice.
15. Press 994
16. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
17. Press 00095
18. Press 3 ( this sets it to key 3 - it flashes twice )
19. Hold the magic button until it flashes twice.
20. Press 994
21. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
22. Press 00221
23. Press 4 ( this sets it to key 4 - it flashes twice )
24. Hold the magic button until it flashes twice.
25. Press 994
26. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
27. Press 00079
28. Press 5 ( this sets it to key 5 - it flashes twice )
The remote is now programmed and ready to use, to make the BDV-E370 region free:
1. Use the remote that came with the player to bring the player out of standby, make sure there isn't a disc in it.
2. Press 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 on the oneforall remote. The 24p light will start flashing. (Centre light)
3. Put the player back into standby with the Sony remote.
4. Hard reboot machine (remove power)to prevent the 24p light flashing indefinitely.
5. Next time you turn on the player it will be region free for DVD playback.
This worked for me, but obviously I accept no liability for anyone who tries it on their machine.
Posted on Mar 23, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 12, 2014 | Sony Bdv-n790w 5.1-channel 1000w Blu-ray...
Nov 10, 2012 | Sony BDV-L600 3D Home Cinema System SONY1
May 07, 2011 | Sony BDV-E770W 3D Blu-ray Theater System...
Jan 18, 2011 | Sony Rm-adp053 Remote Control
May 25, 2017 | Polaroid FLM-2632 Television
Oct 06, 2009 | Sony BDP-S300 Blu-Ray Disc Player
Jul 18, 2018 | RCA Audio Players & Recorders
1,374 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: