Question about Gateway Smart Rg Sr500n Adsl2 4 Port W/ Wifi
After bridging the modem my speed dropped from 45/8mbs to 7mbs
Try with some of the basic tips for faster and better internet connection,
* Check the Start up programs and remove the unwanted
* Maintain a Decent Space limit at Hard drive
* Check for Malware, Spyware and bots
* Clear cookies and temporary history files
* Close unwanted background tasks if any
* Reset the modem
* Check the wirings
* Browse with latest and updated browser
* Download using torrents
* Upgrade your hardware
Following these steps may fetch you a better result. You can see the difference in your connection speed by having a speed test before and after performing these steps. You can have speed test for free from
ScanmySpeed.Com You will definitely see the difference.
Posted on May 03, 2014
- Log on as Administrator
- Start - run - type gpedit.msc
- Expand "local computer policy"
- Then expand "administrative templates"
- Then expand "network branch"
- Highlight the "QoS Packet Scheduler"
- On right window double click "limit reservable bandwidth"
- On setting tab check the "enabled"
- Change "Bandwidth limit %" to 0
- Restart PC
Hope so after performing these tips your Internet speed will be increased. If Not! Then I would suggest you to optimize your internet settings with any reliable program like I always use RegInOut to maintain my download & upload speed.
Posted on Nov 26, 2013
Testimonial: "Thanks Peter, I will try it and let you know."
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 17, 2015 | Computers & Internet
Oct 18, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Aug 14, 2014 | Gateway Smart Rg Sr500n Adsl2 4 Port W/...
Mar 16, 2014 | dealeurstore.com Lenovo Lephone S880...
Aug 08, 2013 | Gateway Smart Rg Sr500n Adsl2 4 Port W/...
Feb 27, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Jul 17, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Mar 03, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Nov 26, 2007 | Computers & Internet
654 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: