Question about Kicker ZX10001 Car Audio Amplifier
I have 2 12cvr and a zx1000 amp how do i hook them up
These are the steps you required to install your amp and subs:
1) Purchase an amp wiring kit with 2 or 1/0 gauge power and ground wires.
2) Decide on a location to mount the amp where it will get proper airflow and will not interfere with operation of the vehicle. Closer to the battery is better. Decide on the location and install the sub enclosures.
3) Locate a place on the metal body of the vehicle within about 3" of your amp for the ground. Connect the ground wire to the amp ground terminal and to BARE METAL on the vehicle.
4) Run power wire from battery positive (+) using one of the amp kit ring terminals through a 100A fuseholder to the amp positive terminal. DO NOT install the fuse yet.
5) Run a "remote" wire from the remote turn-on lead (usually blue or blue/white) of your dash mounted head unit to the amp turn-on terminal. Run a set of RCA cables from the preamp or subwoofer outputs on the head unit to the amp inputs.
6) Run speaker wire, preferably at least 12-gauge, from the amp output terminals to your subs.
7) Check all of your wiring. Make sure that no insulation was damaged or peeled off during the running process. Make sure there are no loose strands touching adjacent terminals or bare metal.
8) Use a multimeter set to read "ohms" and test from the negative battery post to the amp ground terminal. You should read "0".
9) Install the fuse.
10) Turn on your head unit and listen to those big Kickers thump.
11) Adjust the amp settings according to your manual.
The best place I've found for in depth information on audio installs is The Install Doctor. You'll find step-by-step procedures, color photos, wiring details, and even the tools required. I recommend that you begin with the "tech docs" link and read through some of the PDF documents.
Hope this helps.
Posted on May 08, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 07, 2014 | 1986 Power Source-1987 Kawasaki Zx1000-a...
Apr 06, 2011 | Kicker Car Audio & Video
Dec 18, 2010 | Rockford Fosgate Punch 200M Car Audio...
Dec 18, 2008 | Kicker ZX10001 Car Audio Amplifier
Oct 05, 2007 | Kicker ZX10001 Car Audio Amplifier
Mar 17, 2007 | Kicker ZX400.1 Car Audio Amplifier
147 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: