Question about Televison & Video
I have a TLA-01901C Polaroid LCD I replaced capacitors on power supply and now my tv has white screen why does it not go back to green screen only white with no channels
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
1) Take the foot off the stand and with a long philips screwdriver remove the single screw that is at the top of the leg (inside leg). Then with the tv facing down lift straight up on the leg.
2) remove the two screws comming from the back of the tv along the bottom edge.
3) With the tv face down on a soft surface ( towel, bedspread, ect).
4) Be carefull with this step it this tv gave me some difficulty and I am experianced with this proceedure. Too much pressure or forcing it too hard will break your case. The back of the tv has a lip which inserts into the face.The face has tabs that lock into slots in the lip of the back. Carefully pry between the face and back pannel (I used my thumbnail and a 1" plastic putty knife.) and slide along the seam until the locking tabs pop loose. Continue sliding your instrument along the seam until all tabs are loose.
5) The back of the tv lifts off of the face leaving all electronics in the face of the tv.
That gets you into the tv. what you do from there is up to you, Good luck;)
Posted on Mar 19, 2009
You can get a service manual from;
This will give more diagnostic flowcharts etc. Could be useful in the future also.
Posted on May 07, 2009
To add to this solution above - I had the capacitor replacement and there was still an issue. Turns out the solder connection to the lamps themselves was very very poor causing an electrical arc (the scratching noises people are hearing) - then the inverter shuts the lamps down as it should. Fix lights!
Posted on Dec 10, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 08, 2012 | Element Electronics FLX-1910 19 in. LCD...
Jul 13, 2012 | Polaroid TLA-01911C TV
Jul 10, 2012 | Polaroid TLA-01901C 19 in. LCD TV
Sep 12, 2011 | Polaroid TLA-01911C TV
Apr 22, 2011 | Element Electronics FLX-2210 22 in. LCD...
Jan 30, 2011 | Element Electronics FLX-2210 22 in. LCD...
Sep 11, 2010 | Polaroid TLA-01901C 19 in. LCD TV
Aug 18, 2010 | Polaroid TLA-01901C 19 in. LCD TV
Dec 28, 2009 | Polaroid TLA-01911C TV
Dec 16, 2009 | Polaroid TLA-04011C 40 in. LCD TV
88 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!