Question about Computers & Internet
I had downloaded a full boot disk software from freepcfetch web site. its around 200mb with boot up utilities , virus scan , hard disk erroe recovery and more... while downloading it in 7-zip self extractor archive. i extracted at it become an .iso image file.. please tell me how to make the boot disk from that software.....
You need to use ISO burning software. Nero has built in features for that, winiso can do it as well, or even microsoft windows xp.
For just windows XP you can download a tool and burn directly. You do however need to have Windows XP SP 2! <--- Important
Link to the site with the FREE download. This doesnt always work, but nearly always :)
Posted on Oct 10, 2007
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 13, 2013 | Dell OptiPlex GX270 PC Desktop
Sep 13, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Nov 29, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite A215-S7422 Notebook
Oct 22, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Oct 19, 2010 | Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
Sep 27, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Apr 20, 2010 | Acer Aspire M5641 PC Desktop
Dec 16, 2009 | ASUS P5GC-MX/1333 Motherboard
Oct 08, 2008 | Televison & Video
The Bios should not be your problem and the MBR doesn't have anything to do if you didn't play with Windows installations or with any utility to create an image of your hard drive.
To understand where the problem is coming from:
- Ask someone to go to http://www.knoppix.org/ and download a Knoppix CD
- Create a bootable CD from the ISO downloaded
- Enter in your Laptop BIOS settings and change the first bootable device as the CD/DVD
- Insert the Knoppix CD and boot your Laptop
- Knoppix will start and ask boot:
- Just hit Enter
- When Knoppix has finished and it's running you will have a nice graphic interface
- click on the HD icon on the desktop and see if you can see your files, if not you have a bad Hard disk
- Knoppix has also a utility to test the memory too.
If you tryied to install another copy of Windows or you made an image using some software like Ghost, you have to:
- boot from a floppy disk (Download and create from here http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm, I suggest Windows 98 SE)
- At the prompt type FDISK /MBR and press Enter
ATTENTION: If you type something different you may distroy all your files on your hard drive
Oct 16, 2007 | Computers & Internet
951 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!