Question about Operating Systems
I had downloaded a full boot disk software from freepcfetch web site. its around 200mb with boot up utilities , virus scan , hard disk erroe recovery and more... while downloading it in 7-zip self extractor archive. i extracted at it become an .iso image file.. please tell me how to make the boot disk from that software.....
You need to use ISO burning software. Nero has built in features for that, winiso can do it as well, or even microsoft windows xp.
For just windows XP you can download a tool and burn directly. You do however need to have Windows XP SP 2! <--- Important
Link to the site with the FREE download. This doesnt always work, but nearly always :)
Posted on Oct 10, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 11, 2012 | Microsoft Windows XP Home for PC
Dec 24, 2011 | Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate for PC
Sep 27, 2010 | Operating Systems
Aug 26, 2010 | Operating Systems
Jan 23, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Dec 01, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Aug 02, 2009 | Operating Systems
May 22, 2009 | Microsoft MS Windows XP Professional SP2
Mar 24, 2008 | Operating Systems
The Bios should not be your problem and the MBR doesn't have anything to do if you didn't play with Windows installations or with any utility to create an image of your hard drive.
To understand where the problem is coming from:
- Ask someone to go to http://www.knoppix.org/ and download a Knoppix CD
- Create a bootable CD from the ISO downloaded
- Enter in your Laptop BIOS settings and change the first bootable device as the CD/DVD
- Insert the Knoppix CD and boot your Laptop
- Knoppix will start and ask boot:
- Just hit Enter
- When Knoppix has finished and it's running you will have a nice graphic interface
- click on the HD icon on the desktop and see if you can see your files, if not you have a bad Hard disk
- Knoppix has also a utility to test the memory too.
If you tryied to install another copy of Windows or you made an image using some software like Ghost, you have to:
- boot from a floppy disk (Download and create from here http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm, I suggest Windows 98 SE)
- At the prompt type FDISK /MBR and press Enter
ATTENTION: If you type something different you may distroy all your files on your hard drive
Oct 16, 2007 | Operating Systems
Oct 20, 2016 | Operating Systems
919 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: