- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It sounds like your element is electric. When food drips on that element it can cause a heat spot on the insulation around the electric element and eventually burns through. You can easily replace that element for about $50 - $60. It requires about three hand tools and 15 minutes to remove old one and install a new one. You should be in business for another 14 years if you clean any drippings on the element itself.
Hello - Sounds like the element or the control board to the element is not communicating correctly. I would have a professional diagnose the element first. You may only need to replace it. Otherwise it could be the control board not allowing the element to heat up properly, a faulty mechanical thermostat or an oven sensor.
I would say it could be one of two things. The heating elements could be bad, not likely though as the were working when the dryer was reset. You may want to try changing your circuit breaker, as your heating elements work off of the 2 phase 240 voltage while everything else in the dryer works off 120V. Check the voltage on each phase of the breaker in your electric panel see if your putting out the full 110-120V per phase.
I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you oven has two heating elements. A lower one for general baking and an upper one for broiling (this means that you don't have a broiler "drawer").
If this is the case, then the problem exists with the pilot/ignition system for the lower heat element.
The systems vary by manufacturer, but the type that I'm familiar with involves and electrical heat element that ignites the gas once it starts glowing. It's possible that a wire has been damaged/disconnected or that the heat element has malfunctioned.
If your oven has a pilot, then it's possible that the pilot went out on the lower element and not the upper. Last option would be an electric "spark" style ignition which may have suffered from the same problems as the electric heat element mentioned above.
I have a ALE643RB Amana dryer and believe the heating element has went out because the dryer will not heat anymore. I have taken the control panel off the top and all the screws out on the back and the bottom edge, but am still not able to get the shell off the dryer. How do you get to the heating element?