I had the same problem. The screws around the perimeter of the back plate must be unscrewed and the plate must be pried off as it is glued to the box. When replacing my fuse, 2A 5x20 GMA, it blew the fuse again. Disconnecting the second circuit board prevented the next fuse from blowing, but now the question is what is wrong with the circuit board? I cannot see any damage or shorts.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Well... because there can be several things that cause this issue, you want to start with the process of elimitation. Is your car powered on when you try and use the outlet? Most veichels will not allow power to the outlets when powered off.
Observe the outlet and remove any foreign objects from the outlet, there may be a fuse or metal from a broken acessory stuck in the outlet.
Start by pluging something that works into the outlet (like a cell phone charger wit an led to indicate power) locate your veichels fuse box as per instruction of the cars manual. Remove fuse cover and locate the fuse location of the outlet in question, often labeled power or accessory. Observe the ratings of the fuse and be prepared to replace it if need be (it's good to keep common spare fuse for your veichel in your glove,trunk,ect). Remove the fuse and use a fuse tester to test the fuse or look to observe if the fuse is blown, if so replace the fuse, if the led on the charger plugged into the outlet emit's light then you have solved your problem, and if not stop work and call a mechanic or post another question. There are other things you could do but nothing that I would advise without you asking.
good luck and thanks
Questions? Just ask! Mr.Mike
If the microwave plug has fuse,check if it has not burnt.if these are okay there is need to take the last step.
things needed 1.Screwdriver 2.Ohmmeter 3.New fuse
1. Unplug the microwave from the electrical outlet to prevent electrocution. Place the microwave in a well-lit area to be able to locate the fuse.
2. Use a screwdriver to remove the outer cabinet of the microwave, and follow the power cord to the fuse. The fuse is located 2 to 3 inches within the microwave and is attached to the power board.
3. Observe the fuse to determine if it is blown. Blown glass fuses will produce burn marks on nearby surfaces, or the internal fuse wire will be black and melted, while ceramic fuses show no outward appearance of being blown.
4. Determine if a ceramic fuse is blown by testing it with an ohmmeter. If the ohmmeter reads zero ohms, your fuse is not blown. Other readings on the ohmmeter show that your fuse is blown. 5. Replace the blown fuse by popping it out of its holder, and snapping a new fuse in its place. Tighten the fuse clips by squeezing them together with your fingers.
6. Replace the outer cabinet of the microwave, and plug the microwave back into the electrical outlet. Test the microwave to see if it's working properly.
Do you notice the light on your power cable coming on when your cable is plugged into your cars 12v outlet? Your power cable may be dead or the fuse for your cars 12v port may have blown out. If you dont notice the light on your cable is on i would try another cable in the outlet see if the light comes on. I would also maybe try your cable in another car, if it works that means your cars 12v socket has blown out. Replacement fuses can be obtained from your car dealership.
Hello The TV is completely dead no power indicator,nor standby light. Probable main fuse failure, but first make sure your AC feed is present, try another electrical fixture in the TV ac outlet you are using to make sure the outlet is alive. If this is not the case then check the main fuse(located inside the TV) not recommended if you are not qualified to work on electronic equipment. A blown AC fuse usually is an indicator of more serious problem further in the power chain(power supply/HV circuits, etc.)
I don't have a solution for this problem(yet) but have the exact same issue with a 2005 Silverado. All fuses are good and the cigarette lighter outlet works fine. I am looking to get my hands on a copy of the wiring diagram for this truck. I suspect that there is an inline fuse somewhere in the system that has blown but haven't been able to locate. If anyone has a copy of the service(or Haynes) manual for this truck, I would appreciate a copy of the wiring diagram that shows the accessory outlet.
You mean there seems to be no power to the vehicle's lighter unit outlet.
This lighter unit outlet is normally wired through its own fuse so check the fuse panel in the car for a blown fuse. If blown it must be replaced with a fuse of the correct amperage. The owner's manual will show you where the fuse is located.
Before you check the fuse just check the cigarette lighter outlet with another plug-in device if you have one such as a portable 12 volt tire compressor or a 12 volt plug-in auxiliary light. It could be that if you are using a charger from the outlet, the charger plug or wiring may be faulty rather than the car's power outlet itself. (These outlets don't usually give trouble unless the wiring has been messed with or the outlet itself has been damaged or abused).
If no device works from the lighter power outlet check the fuse as it may be blown.
the speak power system may be burnt out, to check that you need to plug the speakers into a wall outlet and connect the speaker to a boombox (CD player) audio jack out. play some music on the cd player.
if still issue no sound...then check if the power cable of speaker is ok.
take it to a tech