Question about Magic Chef Microwave Ovens
NOT OPERATING - SOUND, COOKING, TURNTABLE DISPLAY AND BUTTONS WORK
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Not Cooking
This is usually caused by either a bad door switch, a loose door switch mount, or a problem on the control panel.
Generally, the most common causes of a failure to heat are:
- bad door switches or door switch mounts
- loose connection at the magnetron
- problem or loose connection on the control unit circuit board
- bad magnetron or other high voltage part
If you or a friend decide to look into it, we have critical safety information, info on door switch diagnosis and replacement, and disassembly information at our site, and our link is at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk
You can usually find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your full model number here: http://tinyurl.com/gv383
We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Dec 06, 2007
The fact that the microwave and convection both do not heat indicated that the oven is in demo mode, check the user manual, otherwise it will possibly be a relay not triggering, may need a pcb replacement, check Demo mode 1st....Phil
Posted on Jan 08, 2009
It's probably your bottom door switch. See this helpful file.
You can download GE owner's manuals and installation instructions here.
You can find links to helpful exploded view diagrams and part ordering help here.
I recommend that you bookmark that link to your favorites. We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on May 04, 2010
Yes! On many GE models (yours included) the internal cooling fan has a built-in tap (like a transformer) that powers the turntable motor, and in some cases, the stirrer motor, too.
If the internal cooling fan does not run, the magnetron can overheat in about two minutes and overheating too much will destroy it.
If the stirrer is not running, arcing will occur which will damage the stirrer and eventually the magnetron.
There should be a "mini-manual" (tech sheet) hidden inside the unit behind the control panel or hidden on the left side behind the grille, which is very helpful when troubleshooting, testing, and locating components.
At our Web site, we have a video available showing how to remove a typical over the range control panel assembly in under 5 minutes.
You can find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your full model number here.
The oven should not be used - and should stay unplugged - until it is repaired.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on May 31, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 10, 2015 | GE Spacemaker JVM1740 Microwave Oven
Nov 04, 2013 | Dacor DCM24 Convection/Microwave Oven
Sep 20, 2011 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Aug 31, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Nov 23, 2010 | Neff H5470N0GB Microwave Oven
Feb 13, 2010 | GE JVM1653 Microwave Oven
Jan 08, 2009 | Sharp Microwave Ovens
30 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: