Question about Microwave Ovens
That is the sound of the magnetron failing. The large capacitor inside may also be drying up and causing the sound. When the capacitor dries up further it will start blowing fuses.
Posted on Nov 25, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Burnt Rubber Smell then Off
That would most likely be a problem with the inverter or magnetron.
Due to the lethal voltages used and produced, I do not recommend that an inexperienced person work on these.
I would recommend that you contact your nearest Panasonic-authorized servicer.
We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Jul 08, 2008
Well your gonna have to take it down a take apart the microwave more than likely. Probably have a shorted HV diode,magnetron, shorted winding in HV transformer.burnt or frayed HV wire insulation
Posted on Sep 03, 2009
Your problem is your mag tube (Magnatron) you can go to www.partsselect.com and your part number is PS2352604. Their price is $123.44. I work on micro waves myself and have found that if one isn't a built in over the stove like yours, they are not worth repairing because you can buy one cheaper. If this unit is not real old and you can replace this parts yourself it might be worth fixing bit if you are going to have it repaired, it might be cheaper to replace it. Good luck.
P.S. If you open this unit up. Make sure you bleed the capacitor off, this is one that will knock the _ _ _ out of you if you ground it by touching it. Bleed it by using screw driver to short capacitor to ground or case.
Please rate this solution
Posted on Sep 03, 2009
SOURCE: GE Advantium oven SCA 2000
The fact that it stopped during cooking, then came back on after several minutes, tells me that the magnetron probably overheated and its thermostat (called the M.G.T. T.C.O. in the service manual here) opened until it cooled back down.
An overheating magnetron can be due to:
It may be as simple as a failed top door switch (see this test file) or it may be a failed high voltage component, most likely the high voltage rectifier diode or the magnetron.
Here are some links you or someone you know can use (in order given) for test help, but read the safety warnings first:
(continuity can be good even though mag is bad!)
(if it is NOT shorted or burned looking, it's probably fine)
You can find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your full model number from the tag on the oven here.
Note that the magnetron has a five-year warranty. If it's under magnetron warranty, GE will send you the magnetron to do it yourself.
If the magnetron is bad, call them at 888-239-6832 with the full model number, serial number, and date of manufacture.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Jan 11, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 27, 2011 | KitchenAid Architect Series II KHHC2090S...
Feb 10, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Jan 30, 2011 | KitchenAid KHMS155LSS 1000 Watts Microwave...
Jul 27, 2017 | Panasonic NNT995SF Stainless steel 1250...
Jan 14, 2010 | Maytag MMV5165 Microwave Oven
Dec 12, 2009 | KitchenAid KHMS155LSS 1000 Watts Microwave...
Oct 13, 2009 | KitchenAid KBMC140HSS Convection/Microwave...
Sep 03, 2009 | KitchenAid Microwave Ovens
Aug 19, 2009 | Tappan TMT104E1 Microwave Oven
54 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!