Question about General Electric 20 Amp, 1 Pole Thick Type THQL Ground Fault Interrupter Ge
No power to outlet
More information is needed.
What have you tried so far?
What kind of breaker?
Have you fully reset breakers?
Posted on Nov 25, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
1) A circuit breaker will not reset if breaker is hot, or if there is a short to ground.
2) Hot breaker: If circuit is pulling more amps than the breaker rating, or if breaker is loose on the busbar, then breaker gets hot, and trips.
3) Volts x amps = watts. Add up wattage of everything on breaker and divide by 120Volts and that gives you amps.
If your breaker is 15 amps, the SAFE maximum is 80% or 12 amps.
4) If breaker is loose, you can smell burning and hear crackling sound. Jiggle the breaker around and listen for crackling.
5) If there was a short somewhere on the breaker circuit, the breaker will trip.
When you unpluged each device and then the breaker was reset, then that says problem is probably NOT the wiring or breaker.
The problem was probably inside one of the devices that was plugged in.
6) If breaker trips again, unplug each device one at a time, and then try to reset breaker after each unplug to see if you can isolate suspected device.
Add a comment for more help.
Take a moment and rate answer for accuracy:
And take advantage of fixya expert assistance live.
For a price, expert works with you while you work on circuit or any do-it-yourself project.
Fixya is always less expensive than a service call.
Posted on Oct 03, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 19, 2015 | Dryers
May 04, 2015 | Kitchen Ranges
Jan 30, 2015 | Electrical Supplies
Dec 06, 2013 | Eaton ARC FAULT CIRC BREAKER
Jul 26, 2011 | Heating & Cooling
May 24, 2010 | Hammering
Aug 05, 2009 | Heating & Cooling
Jun 29, 2009 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Jun 14, 2009 | Televison & Video
Feb 24, 2009 | Toaster Ovens
83 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: