Amber light on then a while turns green but wont boot
1) Switch the system on. Can you tell me if the power button is flashing amber or a solid amber? Please also tell me if you notice any diagnostics LEDs staying lit - these are labelled 1,2,3 and 4 and are near the front headphone sockets
2) Please remove all peripherals at the back of the system and switch the system on. Does this affect the power button LED or diagnostic LEDs
3) Have you added any components to the system e.g. video cards, sound cards etc...
4) Please open the system and remove the following components:
a) Power and data cables from hard drives and optical drivesb) Any PCI/PCI-Express expansion cardsc) All memory from the systemd) The system fan
5) With the above removed, please reconnect the power cord to the back of the system and switch the system on. Please make a note of what happens with the power button LED and the diagnostic LEDs
6) If there are no changes to the power button LED or diagnostic LEDs, please remove the power cord from the back of the system and remove the following components:
a) I/O panel cableb) CMOS battery
7) With the I/O panel cable and CMOS battery removed, please connect the power cord to the back of the system. The system should automatically try to switch on. Do you hear any beeps from the system? If so, can you tell us exactly what you hear?
If you need any assistance with removing these components, please see the User Manual here: http://support.euro.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/op380/en/index.htm
Please keep us updated on how you get on!
May 21, 2014 |
Dell OptiPlex 380 MT Desktop Computer...