Question about Televison & Video
When i auto search ,manual search ,it does not pick up the proper code for me to ue the remote
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: ILO universal remote code
I had the same problem trying to program my satellite remote to work with the ILO tv. I found that the emerson codes DO work. Yes local cable remotes will work as long as you have the code and the brand is getting more popular. The code that worked with both cable companys, Charter and DirecTv was 10171 I believe. You can find it under the Emerson codes. Hope this was helpful.
Posted on Dec 07, 2007
We bought a Sylvania LC420ss8 HDTV.
Our current universal remotes would not work, I followed the advice on this site and got a Sony
RM- VL600 Sony Untergrated Remote Commander, use page 16 in the manual to teach the new remote off of the remote that came with the TV. It really works. I am happy with the tv and remote.
Posted on Sep 17, 2008
Found a remote that works... At walmart of all places..
The brand is AVEX... Available at walmart in a generic purple box that just says "UNIVERSAL remote control" on the front, and AVEX on the back. This is the 6 components remote. They sold a 8-9 one in darker box, and i assume it will also work too. 3 Digit program code was "472"
The product SKU from mine is 6 56787 10086 2
www.universalremote.com listed on the box.
URC-R6 appears to be the model number of the remote.
Hope this helps. I tried 7 name brand remotes before deciding to give what looked to be a waste of time remote a try... Figured i would help some people out who seem to have the same problem...
Posted on Dec 12, 2008
install uverse, the auto seek is done by hit and hold TV and OK. wait for lights to flash enter 900 and push play over and over SLOWLY and when the tv turns off, press enter
Posted on Dec 25, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
May 17, 2016 | RCA Televison & Video
Apr 10, 2016 | LG Televison & Video
May 17, 2015 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Programming the RCA RCR6373 or RCR6373N Universal Remote
To use this universal remote with your home entertainment system, first you need to program it to control your devices. There are four ways you can program the universal remote to operate your devices:
Note: If you accidentally press the REVERSE key after your device turns on, press the FORWARD key. Then, wait two seconds to see if your device turns off again.
- Throughout the programming of each key, be sure to keep the remote pointed at the IR sensor of the device you are currently programming the remote to control.
- Test the remote with the device to make sure the device key is programmed with the correct code for maximum functionality. If some features don't work, try a different code. See the "Testing the Code for Maximum Functionality" section below for more information.
- During the Auto Code Search, the remote ignores keypresses that aren't part of the search.
- The search times out after two minutes (the LED blinks four times and turns off, and the last programmed code under that device key is retained).
- The indicator light blinks four times and turns off when the remote has gone through all the codes. The remote exits the Auto Code Search. If your device hasn't turned off yet, try a different search method.
Testing the Code for Maximum Functionality:
- Try a variety of the device's functions with the remote. If some device features don't work, go to the next step to try a different code.
- Repeat the Auto Code Search Method from the beginning. When your device turns off, do not stop searching. Instead, with the unit now off, continue to press the PLAY key every 5 seconds until the unit turns back on.
- Once the unit turns back on, press the REVERSE key on the remote every 2 seconds until your device turns off again. When your device turns off again, press the STOP key.
- Test the key's functionality again by attempting to control a variety of the device's functions. If the code that has been stored controls the majority of the device's functions, programming is complete. If the code stored does not give maximum functionality, try another code.
May 17, 2014 | Televison & Video
Feb 13, 2014 | Universal Remote Control WR7 Remote...
Jul 13, 2011 | Invoca 326348 Remote Control
May 24, 2009 | Durabrand DWT1304 13" TV
20 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!