Question about Televison & Video
TCL L55P11FZE - Have watched a few youtube videos which seem to diagnose it as a backlight issue. When we turn it on, the picture comes up for a brief second, followed by a black screen. Sound ok. When we shine a torch directly at it, you can see the picture - there the issue is a backlight issue - anything we can do??
Repair or replace the backlight.
Posted on Nov 24, 2013
Testimonial: "Yep roger that - as this website is called Fixya I thought there may be some hints/tips/videos or suggestions about how to repair yourself - there are no 'service providers' of this brand near us to just 'take it in'"
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I have LNS4692D. Returned from vacation, turned tv on - no picture. Tried turning tv off for 4 hours- nothing. Symptoms are: tv is on - no picture , just sound; menu doesn't show, volume bar doesn't show;E.Saving is working - the backlight is changing from lighter to darker.
Found this website and ordered T-con, otherwise known as the LCD panel driver board, p/n# Bn8101286a ( thanks premtech) from partstore.com for $124. Part number BN81-01286A A/S T-CON Board.
1.Remove plastic cover. There is an arrow for each screw that needs to be removed. Make sure to unscrew pins next to VGA port. I've spent some time trying to figure out what else is holding the plastic panel until I found this pins.
2. Remove big metal shield in the middle of tv that is covering main components. This shield is being held by small black screws all around it.
At this point you will see cover of T-CON. Here is the picture
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=118863&d=1220531321 (thanks ldac9). Do not attempt to remove that cover yet. Proceed with a next step
3.Remove metal panel that holds main components. Locate big chrome screws that have arrows pointing to them and unscrew them. Remove 2 more screws on the bottom of the panel that holds it together with a box for cables. At this point the main panel will be lose
4. Carefully start lifting the panel. You will see that there are connectors going from components on the panel to components on the lower panel and T-CON. Carefully unplug these components and raise the main panel.
5. Remove 4 screws that holds T-CON cover. Pull the cover so that T-CON is completely exposed. The cover is connected by thin alluminum , don't hesitate to pull it , but don't rip it out.
6. Once T-CON is exposed you will see 2 red ribbons. I've spent some time to figure out how unplug those from old T-CON board. Here is the suggestion. Don't try to pull it out. All you need to do is to lift small plastic lever that is part of a connector. Then ribbon can be slided out. If not sure what to do, see how this is done on the new T-CON. It has a principle of buckle on airplain safety belts.
7. Remove old T-CON and install new you.
8. Follow reverse order.
I've never fixed TV before , but this was totally successful project.
Posted on Nov 19, 2008
There is no back light in plasma TV, Base on the description, the Z Sustainer board is bad. Replace the board will fix the problem.
Posted on Feb 17, 2009
While this is not a permanent solution, we've fond it helps... We have a Samsung LCD that does not turn on when there is too much humidity in the room. This only happens in the summer when it gets really humid. We moved our dehumidifier next to it, let it run for around 15 minutes and the TV turned on again, no problem. Lately, it's been raining alot so it's very humid. We've gotten into the habit of leaving our dehumidifier on through the night on low and we've had not issues turning on the tv since then. This is a hastle but it's either that or buying a new tv.
Posted on Jul 25, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 17, 2016 | LG Televison & Video
Mar 20, 2016 | LG Televison & Video
Jan 11, 2016 | JVC Televison & Video
Dec 30, 2015 | Samsung Televison & Video
Dec 27, 2015 | LG 42LC2D 42 in. LCD HDTV
Dec 26, 2015 | LG Televison & Video
Dec 15, 2015 | Samsung UN32EH4050 32" LED TV 1366x768, 60...
92 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: