Question about Proscan 10.1-Inch Internet Tablet, Capacitive Touch Screen, Android 4.0 with Front Camera, 1.2 GHz, 1 GB RAM"
My son forgot his passcode and i tried to do a reset and the green guy came up but nothing else happend after.i wasnt abel to type anything or nothing,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
1. Power the Tablet off.
2. Press and hold the Volume Down button of the device, then press and hold the Power button.
3. Continue to hold both buttons until a bootloader screen appears.
4. Wait for the prompt that says to "Press <VOL_UP>" then press the Volume Up button to start the process.
5. Navigate to Erase content.
All info on tablet will be deleted but not the info in the SD card
The tablet will complete the hard reset process and reboot into a factory default state.
Posted on Oct 19, 2013
Try to hard reset it. This will take it back to just out of the box state
press and hold volume - button While pressing the power button.
If this does not work contact the retailer.
Posted on Apr 03, 2014
Testimonial: "Thanks! Tried the power with the volume button to no avail. Looks like it's a goner :)"
I have had the same issue with this tablet. After weeks of looking around on the net i have found a way to reset the tablet to factory settings when the power and vol down button will not work.
1. Download the firmware from the proscan website. http://www.proscanvideo.com/item.asp?itemnmbr=PLT8235G.
2. unzip the file and copy the files update.zip recovery.img and factory_update_param.aml to an external micro sd card.
3. Plug the tablet in and insert the sd card. Press the power button to see the battery icon then press the power button 5 times. Then let it run for 4 minutes and it should be set back to factory settings.
****NOTE***** If it fails to update then you still have the access to the recovery menu where you can do the factory wipe and still reset it.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Apr 27, 2014
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 10, 2016 | Tablets & eReaders
Oct 21, 2015 | Proscan PLT7223G-K 7in Android 4GB Tablet...
May 31, 2015 | Tablets & eReaders
Mar 20, 2014 | Proscan 7-Inch Android Internet Tablet,...
Feb 16, 2014 | Apple iPad Tablets & eReaders
Oct 19, 2013 | Proscan Recertified - PLT7035 4GB NAND...
Jan 01, 2013 | Google Android 4.0 7 inch 1080P Video...
Nov 20, 2012 | Proscan Tablets & eReaders
806 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: