Question about Whirlpool 3.4 Cu. Ft. White Top Load Washer - WTW4880AW
Hello, my washer wont wash, it will start but when its time to wash the lock lid opens and the washer stops but the light still says wash but doesnt, please help!! Model # WTW4880AW0
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
the lid switch can be changed without removing from closet for sure,you can remove the angular access panel between the2 units youll see 2 brass clips holding the cabinet to the top, slide the entire top toward you to remove. its located under there. there may be 2 screws across the rear of main top holding down as well but yea pulling out will get you kn more access to any component
Posted on Mar 16, 2008
Ok folks to change the lid switch on these and many top loading Whirlpool, Maytag, Kenmore, etc is quite easy.
Steps to replace the lid switch:
1. Remove unit from AC.
2. Remove the loading door from the unit, or using some duct tape tape it closed.
3. Using a small flat bladed screwdriver find the 2 release catches on the front of the unit between the top cover and front panel. These are just snap claps to hold the top cover down. To release the top you will need to compress the latch using the screwdriver. Start with one side, then the other. Once you have released both clips the lid will lift up just like the hood of your car.
4. You will now be able to remove the lid switch from the unit.
5. Install the new switch and close the hood of the unit.
6. Test the repair by running the unit though a complete cycle.
A great place to order the replacement part for the unit is:
They ship same day on orders placed before 3pm EST. Overnight shipping is available, however I usually opt for the 2-3 day ground shipping and save the money.
If this switch replacement does not take care of the problem, you might need to replace the control board located under the front panel. This replacement is also very easy and takes about 10 min from start to finish.
Hope this helps everyone. Cheers,
Posted on Oct 21, 2008
make sure the water inlet valve to the machine where the hoses hook up is in good working order. if you don't get water in the machine will lock you out.
Posted on Oct 16, 2009
Testimonial: "this seems like helpful advice on the surface, but after looking up the error code I'm receiving it is something to do with the motor rotor sensor..."
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 13, 2016 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Jan 23, 2016 | Washing Machines
Oct 12, 2015 | Washing Machines
Apr 28, 2013 | Whirlpool WTW4950XW Washer
Feb 18, 2013 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Oct 13, 2009 | Kenmore Oasis HE 27087
Mar 07, 2009 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Sep 05, 2007 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
28 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: