Safety 1st Soothing Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier will not power on. No light, no vibrations, no mist.
I have a Safety 1st Soothing Mist Ultrasonic Humidifer. I used it off and on for about a month with no problems. I attempted to turn it on recently and it appears to be receiving no power at all. The light will not even turn on.
I opened up the bottom and I can't see any obvious issues (blown capacitors, disconnected wires, burn marks, rust, etc.) I already cleaned and dried the nebulizer and the water level sensor.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Here is a Youtube video that should help you clean your humidifier.
If not exactly search through Youtube for more specific details. You may find many helpful videos with proper search, but be sure to watch video completely to be sure it is the task you are trying to accomplish.
PEACE Kaz com How to clean warm mist humidifier
most I see have a dipole motor with an atomiser wheel on it..this takes the water and makes a mist out of it..your issue may be that the motor bearings are dry and need wd 40..the disc should turn freely if its stiff the blower will not turn.. needs oiled up..
Does the water valve cyilinoid valve get power and if so does it make a magnetic pull against a screwdriver. If not check to see if the windings are open with a ohm meter when the power is off. if has magnetic pull it may just be a clogged screen filter in the water inlet. I would check that first.
Mine quit too... The led screen went blank so I changed the battery. Now it does nothing. I totally disassembled it as the fan was turning stiffly.(should spin very easilly) The grease in the end bearing was stiff. I washed the gummy grease off the shaft and reoiled with synthetic oil. Your smell is probably motor windings overheating. I disassembled the electronic control and was disgusted to see that there is a glass fuse soldered to the circuit board. I believe the only reason for this fuse is to cause us consumers to needlessly replace otherwise good equipment. (It cost more to pay a repairman to replace the hidden fuse than to purchase a new unit)The fuse is not blown. At least this fuse actually looks lide a fuse unlife the stealth fuses most electronics have hidden in them. I can not obtain a wireing diagram on my 17005 unit but it has a black box inside behind the control panel. It looks like a small start capacitor, but it has a temp rating on it of 70*C. I suspicion it is a single use over heat safety which triggered when my motor got hot due to stiff bearings. I refuse to play their game and purchase a new air cleaner. I love this one... So, if I can not determine what that little black box is, I am going to bypass all the crappy electronics and just drill a hole on top by the handle and install a hi/lo/off manual switch directly to the motors wire hasness. This machine will never give me problems ever again, and if I oil the motor every couple of years with synthetic (Ander oil) this unit WILL last me for the rest of my life...
I have the same problem. The one thing that I DID notice is that it seems to occur more often in winter. Thus, I attributed it to dryer air conditions--too much static electricity being the culprit. With the unit off, I sprayed a fine mist of water into the housing and that cured it for a (albeit-short) time. Best solution would be to increase the humidity via a humidifier...