The 0x800106ba error may occur after Windows Defender is updated due to the computer's inability to update the Windows Defender firewall. It may not have applicable permissions needed for the update, or it may not have the files necessary for updating itself.
Set Windows Defender to Automatic - You can set the Windows Defender service to Automatic, Disabled or Manual. Setting it to automatic might solve the problem. Follow these steps:
- Click Start > type services in the Search box > click Services in the Programs list.
- If you are asked for a Password before you continue, then enter the password > click Continue.
- Double-click Windows Defender, and click Automatic in the start-up box > click OK.
Uninstall and reinstall Windows Defender - If the first procedure did not help resolve the problem, try un-installing and then reinstalling Windows Defender. Due to the fact that Windows Defender is a Windows component, we will use AppWiz to un-install it from the computer. Follow these steps:
- Press Windows Key + R > type appwiz.cpl > Press Enter
- Click Windows Defender > click Remove
- Follow the prompts to uninstall Windows Defender
Let me know how you go!