Question about Canon CanoScan LiDE 25 Flatbed Scanner
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Missing the disc
Well the good news is you don't have to pick up a disc :-) . You can actually download the driver for the scanner here (the driver is the software that allows the computer to see the scanner)
On that page you want the second one down (2080INF.exe)
Here is what you are going to need to do:
Also on the original CD is a software called "Capture Perfect" , which is the software that is used for actually scanning with your scanner , you can download that here: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Graphic/Graphic-Capture/Capture-Perfect.shtml
Posted on Oct 02, 2008
Check for a switch on the scanner that is made to feed single pages or multiple pages. If it is on single page it can multi jam all the time.
As far as the rollers go there is a pick up roller, separation roller, and a feed roller. You can clean them with rubbing alcohol to see if its indeed the tires that are bad. The exchange kit has all three tires in it that are user replaceable.
Posted on Mar 03, 2009
I finally solved my problem. Now it works like new.
- The spring that returns the next sheet detector (small black plastic rocker arm between the two rollers on the back side) came off. So the scanner cannot detect transition from one page to the next. This spring is located inside the device and you cannot fix it from the outside.
- You know if you have this problem if you don't hear a "click" sound after each page is scanned. Without the spring attached the rocker will not return on every page. When it doesn't return the scanner think it is still on the first page and will not scan the next page. The "click" after each page is NORMAL. Without the click is the first sign your spring came off.
Solution (Only recommended for people handy with hardware and the unit is no longer under warranty)
1. Turn off power and unplug the device.
2. Pop off the plastic cover to the back of the scanner
3. Remove the screws that holds the plastic cover to the back.
4. Remove the screw by pushing on the retainer clips. DO NOT loosen any gears or motors.
5. Locate the rocker arm and re-connect the (very small) spring
6. Warning - if the LED light pipe falls out be careful how you put it back. This is a transparent widget at the top to route a LED light to the top of the device to indicate the power on status.
Sorry I didn't take pictures. If this sounds too complicated, send it to Canon for repair. Took me about a day to figure out exactly what was wrong and how to disassemble the scanner to fix it.
Posted on May 26, 2009
check first to see if ur scanner is compatible with ur windows operating system if is the next thing i would suggest in uninstalling the software the reinstalling the software.
Posted on Jul 28, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 02, 2011 | Canon DR-6080 Path-Through Scanner
Mar 17, 2011 | Canon DR-9080C Path-Through Scanner
Feb 25, 2011 | Canon DR 2080C Path-Through Scanner
Jan 18, 2011 | Canon DR 2080C Path-Through Scanner
Dec 26, 2010 | Canon DR 2080C Path-Through Scanner
Jun 04, 2009 | Canon DR 2080C Path-Through Scanner
Jan 25, 2009 | Canon DR 2080C Path-Through Scanner
Oct 02, 2008 | Canon DR 2080C Path-Through Scanner
May 31, 2007 | Canon DR 2080C Path-Through Scanner
25 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!