Question about Electrolux Refrigerators
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Just check THIS link out.It will solve your problem.
From my side i believe it is the control board which has to be replaced and it will work again.
Posted on Apr 05, 2008
check the water valve on the back of the ref. it sends water to the ice maker and water in the door one can work and the other one not
Posted on Apr 30, 2008
Is the freezer cold enough? Should be close to 10 degrees.
Is there water or ice in the ice mold? If not put water in it and see if it dumps the ice after it’s frozen. If there is ice, lift the cut off arm and let it drop to see if it will start.
If it does dump the ice but don’t refill with water.
Try swapping the wires on the dual water inlet valve. Then try the water dispenser. The water should go to the ice maker. This will tell you weather or not the ice maker valve is working and if the line is clear.
The water inlet valve on the back of unit opens when the ice maker needs water. If the valve doesn't seal good because of sediment or wear it will continue to drip and when the water reaches the ice maker supply tube it will freeze. You can take the water line off the valve and watch to see if it drips.
Posted on Aug 17, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 06, 2013 | Electrolux EW23CS65SS Stainless Steel Side...
Nov 22, 2013 | Electrolux EW28BS71IS (278 cu ft) Bottom...
Oct 28, 2013 | Electrolux EI28BS56IS (278 cu ft) Bottom...
Hello KC Breen - If your ice maker has stopped producing ice completely, please check these, in this order:
1. Your ice maker may be turned off. Look for the wire along the right side of the ice maker that looks a bit like a coat hanger. If the wire is in the raised position, the ice maker is turned off. If so, try one of these: If your ice maker has a small red plastic lever, lower it to lower the wire. If there's no plastic lever, simply lower the wire. In either case, the ice maker should begin producing ice again.
2. Also make sure that the temperature is 8 degrees Fahrenheit or lower. If the freezer is too warm, the ice maker won't cycle properly.
3. When was the last time the filter was changed? Most side-by-side filters are recommended to be change approximately every 6-9 months depending on your water usage and frequency.
4. The ice maker fill tube may be blocked with ice or have a clogged water filter. If so, melt the blockage using a hair dryer-but be careful to not melt any plastic parts!
5. Also replace the water shut-off valve or water-inlet valve, or both, if necessary. The ice maker head assembly may have broken parts. Look to see if the gears are broken. Check to see if the small plastic arms that rest against the ice rake are broken. If the ice maker head assembly is modular and you've found broken parts, you can just replace it.
Should these suggestions prove ineffective, I would recommend contacting an authorized service technician that will be able to assist you in the diagnosis and repair of your ice maker. If you do not have a professional connection, you have the option to visit the manufacturer website to find a service provider in your area.
Mar 17, 2013 | Electrolux Icon 22.6 cu. ft. Counter-Depth...
Jan 10, 2012 | Electrolux Refrigerators
Jan 02, 2010 | Electrolux EI26SS55GS Stainless Steel ...
Aug 17, 2009 | Electrolux EW23CS65SS Stainless Steel Side...
Jul 07, 2009 | Electrolux 25.9 Cu. Ft. Side-by-Side...
77 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: