Question about Exercise & Fitness
Treadmill 8712wm pro 1200- the incline will not go down. It has a manual wire to the shock. The wire is not broke. Could it be that the shock is bad?
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Do a Calibration on the treadmill. Take out the safety key. With 2 fingers, hold down the stop button and the speed up or spped plus button. keep holding them down as you insert the safety key, then let go of both.
Press the stop button 1 time, you should see all 0's in the windows, or EP 2P or something weird like that.
Press the Incline up button and then wait. If the incline go up until it stalls then down until it stalls the stops at the bottom, the you are recalibrated, take out the safery key and put it back in to see if all is well. If the incline takes off up again without touching a button, the you have wiring problems or control problems. Call service company to get it repaired.
Posted on Apr 29, 2009
Under the hood there should be a tech sheet with calibration instructions. I have not worked on these for several years or I would rattle off the procedure. If the sheet is still there make sure you put it back in the plastic sleeve for next time..... Eric
Posted on Jun 17, 2009
I have a image 10.0 treadmill. I recently started running on it about 2 weeks now, my problem is that now when i put the red plastic card in the console to start it up, the console completely lights up and starts to buzz, and i won't start. I've unplugged it, it worked, then when i shut it off again and reinsert the red plastic card it does the same thing. What is this problemand what can i do?
Posted on Mar 23, 2010
SOURCE: Treadmill incline error
Try this, it fixed it for me, if it doesn't work let me know
I bought a used Precor 9.4 treadmill, but the incline adjustment was not working.
So, I did the following.
1. Turn off, unplug the treadmill and wait for an hour (this is for safety
2. Remove the black motor cover
3. Observe the transformer to the right of the motor and towards the belt ( I point to it in the video)
This transformer converts DC electricity to AC electricity and the AC current goes directly to the Incline motor which is in the black box towards the front of the machine.
4. On mine the wires had come loose from the transformer, they were soldered on very poorly, the wires are stiff and you should be able to see 4 wires coming from the top of the circuit board and plugging into the transformer, I had three of the 4 wires loose.
5. If you are not comfortable working with electronics or soldering DO NOT DO THIS REPAIR, you could get shocked very badly if you just go poking around in there with metal objects, get a friend who knows how to solder or hire someone.
6. It took about 5 minutes I just heated up my $10 soldering gun from radio shack and soldered all the loose wires that were about a millimeter away from the tabs on the back of the transformer, and VOILA! The incline now works!
Posted on Mar 25, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 30, 2015 | Exercise & Fitness
Jul 01, 2015 | Exercise & Fitness
Jan 08, 2015 | Sole Fitness F63 Treadmill
Nov 18, 2010 | Exercise & Fitness
May 14, 2010 | Proform 730 Folding Treadmill Model...
Mar 02, 2010 | Proform 730 Folding Treadmill Model...
Feb 01, 2010 | Exercise & Fitness
Jan 14, 2010 | Exercise & Fitness
Jan 07, 2010 | Proform Quick Burn Pro Treadmill with 12...
Apr 27, 2009 | Proform Sport 1000 Folding Treadmill...
39 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!