Question about American Standard Home

1 Answer

Remove the logo from under-mount ceramic sink

I have an American Standard under-mount sink with a little plastic tag mounted on the surface. It is not centered and I would like to remove it. What can I use to safely remove this logo tag from the ceramic surface without damaging? Heat is my only thought, will a hair dryer be warm enough?

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 3,904 Answers

I would say if you use heat use a heat gun. Better heat but be careful, they are much hotter than you think and you do not want to damage the finish.

Posted on Mar 04, 2014


4 Suggested Answers

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

  • 2712 Answers

SOURCE: How To Remove Ceramic Sink

Your sink is likely to be glued into place, in which case you will need to carefully extract it from its surround. Begin by disconneting your water supply and removing all the plumbing connections. You probably wont need to remove the actual taps, but t wont hurt. Be very careful about using hammers as ceramic sinks do not tend to react well to them!

Posted on Aug 27, 2008

  • 148 Answers

SOURCE: How to repair porcelain/cast iron sink scratches

You can repair the sink with an epoxy based porcelin kit

Epoxy will not show brush streaks it will levelitself out do not get any kits from HD or Lowes they do not harden

Go to Sherwin Williams and ask for an epoxy paint for porcelin

As for removing the under counter sink
I would try cutting through the caulk adhesive
between the bottom of the granite and cast iron
sink with a hack saw blade
I have used a diamond blade on a grinder and
cut through but it was not a granite counter top
Be extremely areful to suport the underside of the sink with 2x4 blocks to prevent stressing the granite as you cut through
Good luck

Posted on Dec 31, 2008

  • 5245 Answers

SOURCE: When the installers attached my stainless under mount sink to the granite, it shows the edge of the sink instead of the granite overhanging the sink. (the granite hole is bigger than the sink.) I

Is it possible they cut the hole wrong?
Call the installer.
Did you pay them?
Take them to small claims court.

Posted on Dec 09, 2012

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Both sinks have fissures, small cracks, developing in the interior of the sink

Two things come to mind,
The sinks were installed out of balance and way over tightened causing a constant stress on a warped surface, or a foreign object was left under lips of sinks. If they were purchased and installed at the same time you could have received damaged merchandise.

Aug 15, 2013 | American Standard Home

1 Answer

Wobbly sink

you payed someone to do a simple job, which they've not done to a satisfactory standard.
you could either get them back to finish it properly or use some bricks to "stabilize the sink"... i know what i'd rather do.

Nov 16, 2017 | American Standard 0356.041.020 Lucerne...

1 Answer

How to fix leaky American Standard single faucet kitchen sink

The A-S single lever kitch faucet is terrible. If it is the one I think it is, then it has three screws that mount the cartridge down into the faucet body.If these are not torqued perfectly evenly, the faucet leaks. I suggest getting a Moen to replace it.

Apr 18, 2017 | American Standard Plumbing

1 Answer

Sink falling off wall

Well first step would be to remove sink from wall.then determine if there is backing in wall (something study behind wall to anchor bracket to) Most of the time when its falling off the wall its due to improper backing or non at all, bracket mount screw rusting away.I seen sheetrock screws holding them on. (that would last long) I suggest 3/8x 2" lag screws.

Feb 03, 2012 | American Standard 0194 - Roxalyn...

1 Answer

The faucet base doesn't sit flush with the sink when installed. There is about a 1/4 inch gap between the sink surface and the base of the faucet.

Typically there is a plastic piece that sits in the bottom of the faucet base. It has a up and down side. The "up" side has lines to reinforce the base as well as it is designed to fit snuggly in the bottom of the faucet. If it is upside down then those lines will hold it off the base.

This should solve the problem. If not check the spacing of the water lines that protrude thru the sink and make sure that they are not spread to far or too little and not allowing the faucet to seat properely.

Jun 30, 2011 | American Standard Town Square Countertop...

1 Answer

Loud crack when turning unit on, blows main fuse no lights come on.. bottom of power supply black and signs of burn...

DO NOT REPLACE THE FUSE !!! You will do more damage.

I just repaired one of these. A small ceramic surface mounted cap very near where the +/- 85 volt connectors plug onto the board blew up.

This left a sputtered mess on the insulating material at the right rear corner of the power supply.

The net parts list of parts I had to replace:

1. Main IGBT transistors on heat sinks. You have to remove the heat sinks to get at the mounting screws. 1MBK50D or equivalent. I used DigKey part APT28GA60BD15

2. One 1N4148 surface mount diode that is for gate drive speedup. D24 and D25. (don't remember which one was shorted)

3. All four driver transistors for the gate of the IGBT's. @ each 2SA1020 (PNP) and 2SC2655 (NPN). These are tall TO92-like transistors and I believe that at least one of these I had to get from Mouser.

4. Transistor T9, suface mount BC856B (PNP)

5. Replaced all four surface mount caps, one had exploded.
C50, C51,C54,C56. Replace with 0.01mfd/200 Volt 1206 style surface mount caps Digikey 478-1511-6

6.Replaced ceramic wire wound 10 Watt stand up resistors that were blown open. Replaced with 20 ohm design change. These slowly charge the main input filter caps and when supply is stable, a relay shorts them out. If you have replaced the fuse, you LIKELY blew them out. Original value was 10 ohms on some units. This was a Mouser part. 280-PRM10-20-RC

7. The 2153 switching reg chip IC1. This chip shorts. It is made by International Rectifier and I believe the full number is something like IRF2153. I had these in stock and not sure of which source I had procured them from... It was from one or the other.

Lots of destruction and one really needs a desoldering station to work this. Removal of the blown IGBT's is especially tough. All solder must be removed from the transistor leads AND the thermistor on one of the heat sinks. Once you have verified the leads are loose, one has to rock the heat sinks to get the tabs free. The tabs are NOT soldered! Be careful when restoring to get the thermistor leads started in their holes.

Note: ALL these repair parts were procured from and Neither of these places had all, I had to order from both. Mouser had the ceramic resistors.

When restarting this, leave outputs disconnected until it is running again. USE a series 75 watt light bulb in the 120 volt input. ONLY work on the unit using an isolation transformer as a large portion of this is connected right to the power line.

There is a small 15 volt switching supply that comes on first that runs the relay to short out the inrush limiting resistors. With the 2153 shorted as usual, this auxilary supply can't reach voltage enough to turn on the relay. The power for this is supplied through the ceramic resistors.

May 08, 2010 | Behringer Pmp3000 16 Channel Audio Mixer

1 Answer

The bottle that contains the soap for my sink broke off, leaving the top of the bottle in the base of the squirter under the sink. How can I take the top of that plastic bottle out so I can skrew in a new...

Hello. You will find that the bottle will come out once you remove the nut under the surface of the sink.
You have to get into the cabinet to do this. And, a faucet wrench, available at any hardware store will assist you greatly. Regards, joe

Oct 18, 2009 | American Standard Contemporary Kitchen...

1 Answer

American Standard Easy Touch Pull-Out Kitchen Faucet disasimble

grab a basin wrench ther eis a couple of eather plastic screws or something on the 2 shanks comming down that should do it if it is stuck from years of crud build up u may need to wiggle the faucet a bit to break free good luck man 99 percent of the time those faucets are mounted by the 2 shanks comming down threw the 2 holes in the sink 

Apr 12, 2009 | Plumbing

Not finding what you are looking for?
Home Logo

Related Topics:

269 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top American Standard Home Experts


Level 3 Expert

4349 Answers

john h

Level 3 Expert

14479 Answers

Tom Chichester

Level 3 Expert

44073 Answers

Are you an American Standard Home Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides