Question about Cuisinart CMW-200 Convection/Microwave Oven
You have blown a fuse. Check inside the oven chamber and look for missing powder paint or signs of arcing, if so dispose of the microwave. If the inside is good remove all the screws and remove the cover. Replace the fuse. If the magnetron was making louder noises prior then replace the magnetron. Since the fuse went the giant capacitor is likely bad. While the cabinet is open make sure to look for burned wires, check the continuity of thermal cutoffs, and check the main circuit-board for burned traces or components. The relays in most electronics are known for arcing (spot welding) and staying in the wrong position. Tap them hard with the back end of a screwdriver. During all of this use safe electrical practices by having the power cord unplugged. The capacitor could still have a high charge on it so be careful.
Posted on Nov 30, 2013
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 30, 2014 | Kenmore Microwave Ovens
Sep 22, 2011 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Sep 17, 2011 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
May 31, 2011 | GE JVM1653 Microwave Oven
most likely you will have to remove the louvers or trim above the cooking cavity to get to the fuse, look for screws holding the trim/louvers on, if no screws are apparent, the piece may slide to the left or right and pop off.
Unplug your microwave. Although it might seem like no electrical current could possibly be running through your appliance, it could still have stored electrical current somewhere in the system. Be safe rather than sorry and unplug it before you begin.
Find the wiring diagram for your model of GE microwave. You can contact GE directly to get this if you cannot locate your owner's manual. Note the fuse locations and get a screwdriver. Some GE fuses are located under the louvers, while others are located in the door.
Open up the microwave and locate the blown fuse. Sometimes you cannot determine a blown fuse by visual inspection so check it with a multimeter for continuity across the terminals.
Replace the blown fuse. Go to your local hardware store and pick up a matching fuse. Make sure you check the model numbers of the fuse as well to be sure you get the right component. Install the new fuse and put everything back together.
Check the continuity of the circuit if you continue to have power problems. If you have a problem with continuity in the circuit, then you may have a bigger problem than just a blown fuse. Sometimes a power surge will fry a GE microwave's circuit board, which you will need to replace.
Dec 04, 2010 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Dec 04, 2017 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Mar 29, 2010 | Kenmore 80412 Microwave Oven
Aug 01, 2008 | Microwave Ovens
Jan 09, 2008 | Microwave Ovens
108 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: