Question about Computers & Internet
Need help envelope feeder jams almost everytime. inserter ok, folding ok
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
> Home > Support & Drivers > Knowledge Base
Solution --> Phaser 4400 Printer: Printing envelopes
Printing EnvelopesEnvelopes can be printed from the optional envelope feeder, the Multi-Purpose Tray, or Tray 1, 2, or 3.
Guidelines for envelope printing
Many applications include a tool for creating an envelope document. For example, Microsoft Word includes an Envelopes and Labels feature in the Tools menu. Be sure to:
Never use envelopes with windows, metal clasps, or exposed gummed surfaces; they can damage the printer. Damage caused by using unsupported envelopes might not be covered by your printer's warranty.
Note: The heat from the printing process can melt certain types of envelope glue. If the envelope flap sticks shut after printing the test print, tuck the flaps inside the envelopes when printing the remaining envelopes. Printing envelopes from the envelope feeder
Posted on Feb 19, 2008
SOURCE: Printer won't stop jamming
sounds like your printer wants to form it's own three piece band(kidding here).
sounds like you rollers are dirty or have something on one or both of them..like tires on a slippery road, these need to be clean and dry.
Posted on Mar 08, 2008
I print envelopes a lot for my business.
What I do is I use the regular paper feed, and I open the flap on the envelope so that it's flatter. Simply slide the paper guide to adjust to the size of the envelope.
Also, typically the orientation for printing envelopes is sideways. You put the left edge of the envelope in the printer first. If you are unsure of the orientation, simply do your first print on plain paper. Then you'll know how to insert the envelope.
Posted on Oct 09, 2009
SOURCE: envelope jam HP Officejet 8500
Try to print envelope through Microsoft Word
1) Click Tools , click Letters and Mailings and then click Envelopes and Labels .
2) Type the Delivery and Return address information.
3) Click Options .
4) On the Envelope Options tab, set the following options:-
As envelop can not feed correctly every time, it depends on the weight, flap design, paper type and other factors & cause jam, To prevent those you can do.
Have a nice day...don't forget to rate the solution.
Posted on Feb 20, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 23, 2011 | Lexmark X2670 All-In-One Printer
Oct 29, 2010 | Brother MFC-7340 All-In-One Laser Printer
As the following paper may cause problems in the printer, do not use them:
- Thick paper: Paper heavier than 105 gm2 (28 lb) (corrugated paper, etc.)
- Thin paper: Paper lighter than 64 gm2 (17 lb) (tracing paper, thin letter paper, etc.)
- Paper with no rigidity
- Folded, wrinkled, or torn paper
- Wet or soiled paper
- Paper smaller than 54 mm (W) x 86 mm (H) (2.13" x 3.39") (sheet feeder)
- Paper smaller than 89 mm (W) x 127 mm (H) (3.50" x 5.00") (cassette)
- Non-rectangular paper
- Paper with adhesives
- Paper with holes (However, loose leaf can be used in the sheet feeder only.)
- Paper in bound form (such as a notebook)
- Photo postcards or postcard with image seals
- Non-empty envelopes
- Envelopes with double flaps or flaps with adhesive
- Embossed or coated paper, post cards, and envelopes
- Newspaper, flyers, tissue paper, etc.
- Media other than paper, such as cloth and plastic
- Folded reply post cards
Oct 26, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 21, 2009 | HP Deskjet 6940 InkJet Printer
Nov 25, 2009 | HP LaserJet 4350 Printer
Jan 19, 2009 | Lexmark X5470 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Oct 10, 2008 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 22, 2008 | Kodak EASYSHARE 5500 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 19, 2008 | Xerox Phaser 4400B Laser Printer
Sep 25, 2006 | Epson Stylus CX3200 All-In-One InkJet...
27 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!