Question about Sharp UX-P115 Plain Paper Thermal transfer Fax
Machine get dial tone insert item to be faxed, and finally enter fax #, I hear the tones of the #'s I enter over the dial tone which continues and machine does NOT "dial" or make the call. The other odd and new thing since my last successful use of fax machine a few weeks ago after which it was unplugged and put away (standard for me as an infrequent fax user), is that now the display shows alternating numbers such as 20and 21. Later it may be 24 and 25. No information in manual regarding this. SInce the last fax use was to receive a lengthy fax while machine was unattended and I ran out of paper, then replaced paper and got rest of fax, I wondered if that event had triggered this and if there was some memory issue. Again, machine ahd been unplugged after that seemingly successful fax use. I did check memory now and found it to be 0.0& which is to be expected since machine was unplugged . And I do think that I got all the pages of that fax froma few weeks ago. Any ideas for the sudden change? Has not been dropped. Also did find that machine had set itself to pulse dialing although it has always previously been on tone which is its factory setting. So I have manually reset it to tone.Again this is mentioned as another oddity in association with current fax machine dysfunction. Any ideas anyone? Thank you!!!
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Fax Machine Problem
the glass strip is bad, this is what reads the fax.
look in the manual under Maintenance for the location
Posted on Jan 30, 2008
SOURCE: fax machine not responding
H have you tried putting the old ink cartridge back in but give it a gentle shake first and see if it gives same message also what are the new cartridge are the genuine or not let me know then i can assist you further ok
Posted on Mar 12, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 12, 2014 | HP LaserJet 3030 All-In-One Printer
Dec 12, 2012 | HP Photosmart C7180 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 28, 2012 | HP Photosmart C7180 All-In-One InkJet...
However under rare conditions incompatibility between the two machines may cause the remote machine to simply get this code.
Try these steps...
1. Press setup, and then go to TOOLS.
2. Press okay on TOOLS, then look for RUN FAX TEST. Then press okay.
3. It will print a fax test page. Check if everything passed.
4. If it passed everything, try to press setup again, and then go to ADVANCE FAX SETUP.
5. Scroll, down and look for ECM (Error correction mode), then press okay
6. Under ECM you will have to options "ON or OFF" try to choose OFF then press OKAY.
7. Now, try sending a fax.
Also you can try to reset the printer.
1. Take out the cartridges from the unit .
2. Make sure the unit is connected to the wall jack directly without any surge protector.
3. Unplug the power cord from the back of the unit ( without turning off the unit ) .
4. Now press the # and 6 key together , while holding these keys down plug in the power cord back into the unit .
5. Do not release the keys after a few seconds you will find the hp logo or bars moving across the screen .wait while the unit turns off.
6. After one minute turn on the printer . It will go into alignment phase > let it finish .
7. After its done > try to make a copy .
Note - you can also try the OK and CANCEL key combination in place of # and 6
Jul 18, 2011 | HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One...
Jul 16, 2011 | Lexmark X4270 All-In-One InkJet Printer
For you to send a fax with the Brother Fax 775 you can try these steps:
1. First make sure that you have a dial tone by lifting the handset or
just by pressing the hook button. Once you have verified you have a dial
tone press the hook button again to return to the main screen or hang up the
handset. LCD should display the date & time
If you don't have a
dial tone make sure that the telephone line cord is connected on the fax
machine's Line jack. If you don't have a dial tone still connect it to
another working outlet. If you don't have a dial tone still connect a
working telephone on the wall jack to see if you'll get a dial tone. If
you get a dial tone on the regular phone then problem is either with the line
cord or the fax machine.
2. Once you have the date & time on the LCD screen, Load the
document that you want to send on the automatic document feeder which is
directly above the LCD screen.
3. The LCD screen should change from the date/time to "Enter
Fax No. & Press Start" Once you got this screen dial the fax number
and then press Start.
Hope this helps. Rate if it works.
Mar 30, 2011 | Brother IntelliFAX 775 Plain Paper Thermal...
Dec 30, 2010 | Brother IntelliFAX 1270E Plain Paper Fax
Dec 29, 2010 | Brother IntelliFAX 1270E Plain Paper Fax
Aug 05, 2008 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 09, 2008 | Brother IntelliFAX 2800 Laser Fax
35 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: