Question about Computers & Internet
What hardware do I buy for camera and microphone for a Compaq MXL 521?
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I read a solution of your problems, i did not ry this. But i want you to try in your motherboard: this was qoute by
" 9. anonobomber, 07-05-2002 09:51 read the manual from your motherboard, I'll quote it for you; Chassis Intrusion Lead (4-1 pin CHASSIS) This requires an external detection mechanism such as a chassis intrusion monitor/microswitch. The sensor is triggered when a high level signal is sent to the Chassis Signal Lead, which occurs when a panel or light detector is triggered. This function works with an optional ASUS CIDB chassis intrusion module (see your vendor for more details). If the chassis intrusion lead is not used, a jumper cap must be placed over the pins to close the circuit.
pinout 1[+5volt] [power supply standby] [chassis signal] [ground]
in order to supress the messages you are getting you will need to get a jumper to fit over the chassis signal and ground to bypass the chassis intrusion detection circuit.
This has nothing to do with resetting the CMOS. For board specific locations of the pins check http://www.asus.com.tw for the manual pertaining to your motherboard"
Posted on Jan 21, 2008
an COMPAQ Presario C700 bought in India actually it is a Compaq C733TU
Follow the following steps in order
1) Intel Chipset SM Bus Controller: get it from Intel Site Search ”infinst_autol.exe” or “INF Update Utility” for Chipset 9xx (I think it is 945 or 965) on google .Search for Intel Chipset Identification Utility to know you chipset version. Don’t download or install the Zip version of the INF Update Utility
2) Video Drivers for 965 Express Graphics “win2k_xp14311.exe” “intel graphics driver win2k_xp14311.exe” you can download the latest version of Intel Graphics Depending upon your Chipset version.
3) Unknown device in device manager is actually (check properties of Unknown device has something like ACPI\HPQ0006 as one of the details download drivers which I am sharing) HP Quick launch Button Software no need to download the whole stupid software. The driver is just 11 KB while actual download of the full thing is 20 something MB
I shall upload it to some sharing site or put your email below as reply
http://rapidshare.com/files/137560123/HP_Quick_Launch_Buttons_Driver.zip.html (here is one link only 6KB zip file scan it )
4) Install UAA: You need to have Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) Bus Driver for High Definition Audio installed on the computer before installing the audio driver [“sp32395”] install this do not unzip and try to install
Microsoft Windows XP SP2 Universal Audio Architecture Update (Q888111):::::::This is what HP calls it
Here is the link for UAA: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp32001-32500/sp32395.exe
5) Audio Device is sp34200 is Conexant Hi-Def audio unzip using WinRAR or 7 Zip (execution of SP34200.exe doesn’t work) (The mike doesn’t work for me)
URL : ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp34001-34500/sp34200.exe
1. Click on Start and select Run. Now type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
2. Right click on "Audio device on High Definition Audio Bus" and click Update driver.
3. Select "Install from a list or specific location"
4. Click Next. Then select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install"
5. Click Next and then select "Sound, video and game controller" from the list.
6. Click Next and then click Have Disk.
7. Click Browse sp34200 folder and the double click the V32 folder. Select the .inf file, click open and Continue with the onscreen instructions.
6) Modem is “sp33890” HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP : (execution of SP33890.exe doesn’t work) unzip using WinRAR or 7 Zip
1.Right click on "Modem device on High Definition Audio Bus" and click Update driver.
2. Select "Install from a list or specific location"
3. Click Next. Then select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install"
4. Click Next and then select "Modem" from the list.
5. Click Next and then click Have Disk.
6. Click Browse to C:\sp33890 folder and select the .inf
file and click open and Continue with the onscreen instructions.
7) Wifi is Atheros AR5008 Wireless Network Adapter (not sure but it works) “Atheros xp32-184.108.40.206.zip” 370 KB
“11a/b/g Wireless LAN Mini PCI Adapter II”
I couldn’t get the mike to work……….i don’t use it anyway
Posted on Aug 15, 2008
SOURCE: Problems with my MXL 990 (radio)
The problem you have will relate to the big antennas in your area. Most radio stations pump more than 100,000 watts these days. So it really comes down to the shielding and what's called Radio Frequency Interference rejection of your microphones to keep this out. I would STRONGLY urge you to take the mics back and get a refund,or change them over for something else. They are VERY cheap, there is no real solution to your problem, except for better design... means spend more mullah. If you are looking for a decent low cost condenser mic, I recommend an AKG Perception. I have used AKG for years, and this mic is a great sounding low cost unit.
Hope this helps you. Nothing can be done to improve what you have, they are a cheapo item. Good Luck
Posted on Sep 11, 2008
SOURCE: Can't operate my MXL 990
If it is an MXL 990 Condenser that comes in the grey case with a shockmount and a black hard mount I can solve your problem. (If it is USB I know nothing about that unit).
This MXL 990 microphone MUST have 48v phantom power in order to operate. If you aren't familiar with the term phantom power read the first link:
Phantom power - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_power
MXL User Guide - http://www.mxlmics.com/support/guides.html
If yours is one of the older MXL 990's it should have an XLR connector on the bottom -
XLR Defined - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XLR_connector
Your mixer (I am guessing its a Peavey, Tascam, Mackie) or something entry level like that may or may not have phantom power. I am guessing not. But if it does, it will have a switch that says 48v phantom power and most likely a green or red LED next to it to show you when its on. This mic will NOT work without phantom power.
Best suggestion: Verify that your mic is the MXL 990 Condenser, if it is it needs 48v phantom power. Check your mixer and see if it has 48v phantom power. The only computer soundcard that I know of that is used by a lot of folks is the M-Audio Delta 1010LT. It has XLR inputs but NO phantom power on it.
There's your answer.
Posted on Feb 28, 2009
SOURCE: HP compaq nx 7010
Sorry to dissappoint You mate, but NX7010 has no built-in microphone... VERY illogical design, for its time, but it's the sad truth. Buy an external one, plug it in and You shall see, that the sliders and tickers are suddenly working.
Posted on Mar 10, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 29, 2014 | MXL 990s Professional Microphone
Mar 24, 2013 | MXL 990 Professional Microphone
Jun 30, 2011 | MXL 3000 Professional Microphone
Dec 31, 2010 | MXL 990 Professional Microphone
Dec 30, 2010 | MXL 990s Professional Microphone
Nov 19, 2010 | MXL Studio 1 USB USB Microphone Desktop...
Oct 30, 2010 | M-Audio MXL 990/991 Recording Mic Duo and...
Oct 15, 2010 | MXL 990 Professional Microphone
31 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!