Question about Epson Stylus 880 InkJet Color Printer
(Green) Power light, (Red) paper light and ink lights all flashing and printer will not work. Even after power down and unplugging it. Power it back up and same problem. NEED HELP
"Turn the printer on while holding down both the ink and paper buttons. When the paper light flashes release both buttons", then hold down the ink button for approx. half a minute until the printer lights flash again then release it. That resets the printer.”
Posted on Jun 03, 2008
Epson stylus color 880
Posted on Dec 17, 2007
SOURCE: Epson stylus 880 printer
This may be a call for your waste ink pad to be serviced.
Every time your printer goes into a cleaning cycle ink is pulled through the head and stored in this waste ink pad.
There is a procedure for this but it is more involved than the average owner will want to get.
A way to temporarily silence the flashing until the printer can be serviced may be :
"Turn the printer on while holding down both the ink and paper buttons. When the paper light flashes release both buttons, then press and hold down the ink button for 10 seconds. This allegedly resets the printer to "new" condition.
Let me know if this helps and whether you need additional help
Posted on Apr 25, 2008
SOURCE: Epson stylus 880 printer
Hello local mo,
1. First of all, try to download the latest version of the printer driver and have that installed.
2. Next, open the printer cover and manually inspect the inside to see if there is any paper piece or foreign material that may be obstructing the printer. Also inspect the carriage return to see if there is any obstruction there. The carriage should park on the right side by default.
3. Try to reseat the ink cartridges again. Do it one at a time and take notice of if they feel and look as though they are sat right; when you first sit them in the carriage before you close the lid they don't look like they are in properly, they give the illusion that the back of it should be lower down than it actually is. Make sure you haven't assumed this and tried to make them sit lower. Also clean the printer head.
4. To rule out the computer and the cords, unplug it from the computer and power it on. If it powers up normally, then you have narrowed it down to a cable or problem in the computer. In this case consider repalcing the cables. Also try unplugging the printer (vs. using the panel switch) for 5 min or so and then re powering. After about 5mins, reconnect the printer to your computer, making sure are connections are secure.
5. Download the SSC Service Utility. It is a must-have free utility for Epson Stylus printer users. Try the SSC reset feature .
You can use the SSC service utility to reset the protection counter.
You can also use the control paler to reset the counter. Timing is the key to success when you reset the counter using the control panel so keep that in mind.
To reset the protection counter using the control panel (front panel) :
Step 1.Turn the power on while hold the following buttons. Paper feed, cleaning button. (the paper out light will flash for 3 seconds)
Step 2.While the paper out light is still flashing press the cleaning button for 10 seconds. The following LED's will flash in sequence - Ink out lights black and color, Paper out light. Once the printer starts to initialize the counter should be reset.
This will reset the protection counter. Again timing is the key to get the the above sequence to work. The timing is tricky but once you have it down it works like a charm. If it doesnt work the first time, please try 2 or 3 times until you get the timing correct. Also it is a good idea to replace or clean the absorber pads For info on the basic process try this link http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/wip.html
6. You must use the SSC Utility to re-zero the protection counter. If the SSC throws up a message "Printer off or some other problem" it's usually due to some unfinished job held in memory. Just turn the printer off and wait a minute then restart it. The SSC Utility should then function. You can probably reset this counter one or two times before you will have to open up the printer. You have to extract the waste ink pad in the base and either fit a new one or simply wash and dry the old one. It's probably good for a couple of washes but is fragile and will start to disintegrate in time. Next,uninstall the Epson Status Monitor (aka Epson Ink Waster) and use SSC for all your ink servicing. You will probably have to uninstall the complete Epson software bundle to get rid of the Status Monitor but it's well worth doing. Just reinstall the driver and any application stuff you need.
Hope that helps...Should you have any further questions, please feel free to post them here.
P.S. Before you assign a rating, please make sure that the issue is resolved or you are satisfied. If not, please post back as to what you did, and/or any other questions you may have, and I will try to assist you as best I can. Please do not assign an ‘Inappropriate’ or ‘Thanks for trying’ rating if your issue is not resolved after the first response itself, as sometimes a bit of to and fro dialogue may be necessary before we can find a fix or an answer to your query.
If you find that the solution/answer I provided led you to, or resulted in a fix, please close the ticket with a FixYa! or Helpful rating. I would be very grateful for your show of appreciation.
Thank you for using FIXYA!
Posted on Apr 25, 2008
I finally solved this problem by simply unistalling printer from computer and reinstalling it without a disk by means of the Control Panel “Install hardware” . Henry
Posted on Jan 27, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 03, 2012 | Epson Stylus Photo 830 InkJet Printer
Jul 06, 2011 | Epson Stylus Photo R220 InkJet Printer
Apr 25, 2011 | Epson Printer
Feb 01, 2009 | Epson Stylus Photo 1280 InkJet Printer
Dec 17, 2008 | Epson Stylus 880 InkJet Color Printer
Dec 07, 2008 | Epson Stylus 880 InkJet Color Printer
Mar 15, 2008 | Epson Stylus 880 InkJet Color Printer
Jan 26, 2007 | Epson Stylus 880 InkJet Color Printer
854 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: