Question about Casio Exilim EX-S600 Digital Camera
Do you 1: know where i can buy just the screen and 2: know of a link that shows how. ive got the screen out but its going to be hell getting it back in unless i can get the camera totally appart.
I also have a problem with my LCD screen. I was informed that you can purchase one on ebay.
Now regarding replacing it. I was able to actually tear down the whole thing.
I wont be held responsible if you break your camera, Follow at your own risk.
You would need first to
1. remove all screws on the left , right and bottom of the camera.
You dont need to remove yet the screw inside the battery slot
2. You then "Gently" pry open the metal casing of the camera trying to leave the middle part where the tripod goes in
If you apply enough force you should be able to pop both front and back metal casing. Initially it would be hard to open but once you are able to removing is a breeze
3. One you have removed the front and back metal casing you would have the middle piece that holds the board, Lens flash etc
4. Now the LCD is being held down by just a double adhesive tape. You just need to pry it starting from left to right.
5. Once you have removed the LCD you would notice that theres still a flex cable and 2 cables connected to the board.
6. From where you have removed the LCD there we then need to remove 3 locks for the Lens. 1 on top and one on the bottom and one on the right had side if the camera is facing you.
* Press with a small screwdriver head the black piece to pop/push the lock out for the first one and do the same on the other locks.
7. After the lock removal you then need to remove the 2 flex cable on the front by popping up the plastic lock on each one. Now you have have the Lens completely out.
8. On the left side if the flash is facing you. We need to remove 2 more flex cable. 1 cable close to the top has a lock that we need to pop out also to release the flex cable. For the other cable its different. We need to push the black plastic piece towards the right side. If you cant find the cables or locks it could be behind those black stickers that you need to remove also.
9. Now you can go ahead and remove the screw on the bottom of the battery port and take the plastic out.
10. We then need to remove the metal piece for the tripod base.
11. Gently pry out the board and you would see the flex cable for the LCD. Again we just need to pop up the lock to release it.
12. For the last 2 cables we then need to use a soldering iron to remove it from the board
and you should have the LCD completely remove.
Hope this helps
If anyone was able to purchase the LCD maybe you can help me get one too in return, hehe
Posted on Nov 17, 2007
You can get the CASIO replacement lcd screen brand new from this link below, plus they also offer service , they fixed mine in about 9 days and had it back working great.
Posted on Jul 27, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 27, 2011 | Casio Cameras
Jan 17, 2011 | Casio EXILIM Card EX-S770 Digital Camera
Dec 22, 2009 | Casio EXILIM EX-Z1000 Digital Camera
Jul 07, 2009 | Casio Exilim EX-Z750 Digital Camera
Dec 07, 2008 | Casio Exilim EX-Z77 Digital Camera
Sep 30, 2008 | Casio Exilim EXZ75 Digital Camera
Oct 14, 2006 | Casio Exilim EX-Z3 Digital Camera
1,068 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!