Question about GPS
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Try these two reset procedures
1)disconnect nuvi from external power
2)Flip up GPS antenna
3)Press the reset button
4)Connect nuvi to power source. The nuvi should turn back on and operate normally
1)Hold your finger on the upper-right corner of the nuvi's screen while you turn it on. keep your finger until the pop-up window appears
2)Touch YES. All factory settings are restored. Your recent selections and audio bookmarks are also deleted
Posted on Sep 30, 2008
SOURCE: Garmin nuvi 660 goes into
There is a transient diode across the switch. Most likely it's shorted, casuing the symptom as if you were holding down the power switch and never letting go. I've seen and repaired this before.
Posted on Sep 30, 2010
SOURCE: I have nuvi 650. It is
Here is the procedure how I find it:
1. Power OFF your Nuvi.
2. Press and keep holding the most right upper corner of the LCD screen
3. Power ON your Nuvi but DON NOT release your finger either from Power button nor from LCD screen (keep both pressed until the procedure ends)
4. You will notice Nuvi boots in Pre-Boot mode. Now quickly connect your USB cable. Prior to that make sure you have the latest Garmin USB drivers installed on your PC (it comes with MapSource software)
5. If you managed to connect your USB to your Nuvi when it is still in pre-boot mode, you will see that Windows recognizes a new device - "Garmin GPS unit" and starts searching for drivers. Nuvi after a while turns the pre-boot mode off, but nevermind, finish installing the windows drivers. If your are using XP just click "Automatically install driver software" and when it says "Your Hardware is ready for use" you can unplug your Nuvi.
6. Drag the "nuvi_sys.rgn" file over "Updater" and select USB.
7. Now repeat steps 1-4.
9. Updater will recognize the unit then you can press Update button
10. Once the "Loader" text appears on your Nuvi, you can release your fingers from LCD right upper corner and from Power button.
11. Wait until update finishes, then disconnect your Nuvi.
If this isnt work, I can offer two suggestions:
1.- If Windows doesn't recognize your Nuvi, then reinstall the usb drivers that can be downloaded from Garmin's website.
2.- If you can get the computer to recognize the Nuvi, run Webupdater and reinstall the firmware even if you already have the latest version.
The Garmin website has USB drivers (for all Garmin GPS units) here: garmin.com/support/download
Posted on May 27, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 18, 2012 | Garmin nuvi 1390T Car GPS Receiver
Sep 11, 2010 | Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS Receiver
Jan 23, 2010 | Garmin nuvi 1390T Car GPS Receiver
Jan 24, 2009 | Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS Receiver
Jan 17, 2009 | Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS Receiver
Dec 24, 2008 | Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS Receiver
Jun 07, 2008 | Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS Receiver
Dec 25, 2007 | Garmin 010-00358-00 GPS Receiver
Dec 13, 2007 | Garmin iQue 3600 GPS Receiver
38 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: