Question about Amana Washing Machines
I opened the front of the washer and found the belt was bad. I'm trying to open the back to find out how easy it is to replace.I can't get the back off.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
remove the 4 bolts holding motor to tub and frame remove wire harness from motor remove pump hoses turn assembly upside down 3 torx screws hold pump to motor note routing of old belt around idler pulley and pump studs reinstall in reverse
Posted on Apr 24, 2008
I have a similar amana top load washer and just changed the belt. Here are the steps I used to change the belt:
1) Unplug the washer
2) Slide the washer away from the wall about 12"
3) Remove two screws from the bottom of the front panel, slide the front panel down (there are 2 metal tabs that slide into slots on the top of the front panel - observe how they slide into/out of the slots). Set the panel aside.
4) Remove the electrical connector (upper left of motor). Press down on the top of the plastic connector - this will undo the catch hook holding the connection in place). Observe how the belt is routed before proceeding.
5) Remove 4 bolts holding the motor in place. You can remove the motor - even with the water pump and hoses in place - they will flex.
6) Remove the water pump from the motor. There are 3 torx - head screws to remove. Note: You will need a star shaped (torx) head driver (Looks like a screwdriver but with a "star" head on it. The one I used measured just under 3/16 in diameter.
7) carefully remove the water pump. - remove the old belt from main pulley under washer drum and also from the water pump. Insert the new belt - be sure to put the tension pulley on the outside of the belt.
8) Reinstall the water pump to the motor. Reinstall the motor. Route the belt correctly in the water pump body area first - them slide the belt around the left side of the main drum pulley - rotate the pulley counter-clockwise and the pulley will tug the belt onto the pulley. Once in place - check bolts and belt - then reattach the electrical connector (remember to press the plastic lever on top of the plastic connector before sliding it in place). Reattach front panel - slide the top of the panel onto the metal tabs - then attach screws at the bottom.
Posted on Feb 28, 2009
there is a chance that there is something stuck inside the drain pump.use a shop vac attach it to the end of the drain hose remove all the water.unplug the unit and plug it back in this should unlock the door. check the drain pump for foregin objects such as small nails bobby pins,drill bits anything that could stop the impellar wheel from turning.if there is nothing in it then you might have a bad drain pump.
Posted on Sep 21, 2009
To get the front off. (All screws look to be #2 Phillips Screws)
1. You have to unscrew (2) phillips screws from the back that holds the top on.
2. Slide the top off. (slide towards the back)
3. Then where the control panel is there is about 4-6 screws holding that plastic piece on, take those out this will allow you to pull the control panel up and out of the way.
4. At this point you can unscrew the 4-6 screws in the door area that holds the front of the washer on, once you unscrew those screws there is a tab that you have to lift the front over to pull the front off. This will allow you access to the locking mechanism.
5. There are only 2 screws holding te locking mechanism on.
Posted on Nov 18, 2010
Door won't unlock
Did all of the water drain out of the washer during the spin? Select DRAIN & SPIN to remove any water remaining in the washer. The washer door will unlock at the end of the drain.
Is the door locked and is the "Add Garment" light on? Press START/PAUSE once. The door will unlock.
Posted on Nov 28, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 19, 2017 | Amana Washing Machines
Jan 02, 2017 | Amana Washing Machines
Sep 23, 2016 | Amana Tandem 7300 Washer and Dryer Stack...
Apr 22, 2016 | Amana Washing Machines
Nov 21, 2015 | Amana Tandem 7300 Washer and Dryer Stack...
Aug 04, 2014 | Washing Machines
May 26, 2014 | Amana Tandem 7300 Washer and Dryer Stack...
Apr 10, 2014 | Amana Tandem 7300 Washer and Dryer Stack...
Feb 17, 2013 | Kitchen Ranges
Dec 12, 2012 | Amana Washing Machines
140 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!