Question about Sharp Televison & Video
There is retune activity in our area today (21/11/2013). I have successfully automatically retuned 2 other TVs in our home (easy!) but the Sharp seems to be presenting problems. I press the Menu button and get the icons Channel, Picture, Sound, Time, Lock and Setup at the top of the next screen. I can move to all the icons using the arrow(s) apart from the CHANNEL icon. I canot move to this icon and so obviously I am not highlighting it. I need to be able to auto-tune or even to manual tune using that icon. Why can't I use it?
Maybe your Sharp TV wants you to go back to setup and go through the whole routine again.
Posted on Nov 21, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Digital tuning
You'll need to go into service mode and do a factory reset.
To enter service mode you'll need to press these buttons on your remote in the following order:-
Standby-info-menu-mute-standby.You'll need to do it fairly quickly and be patient it doesn't always go into it first time,don't press and hold the buttons.
The service menu should appear on the screen.Use the up /down cursor to scan down to option number 12 (factory reset)and then press the right cursor wait will appear on the screen and the set will go to standby(don't worry this is normal)
Reboot the set and retune and all should be well
Posted on Nov 04, 2007
Updating the Channel List Automatically You can update the channel list when the broadcaster adds new Services or if you move the TV to a new location.
1. Press the MENU button to display the menu. Press the ▲ or ▼ button to select "Digital Menu", then press the ENTER button.
2. Press the ▲ or ▼ button to select "Channel", then press the ENTER button.
3. Press the ENTER button again, to select "Country".
4. Select the appropriate country by pressing the ▲ or ▼ button. Press the ENTER button to confirm your choice. Even though you have changed the country setting in this menu, the country setting for Analogue TV is not changed. (Refer to page 11 of the user guide)
5. Press the ▲ or ▼ button again, to select "Auto Store". Press the ENTER button. When it has finished, the number of scanned services will be displayed. The existing favourite channel list will not be deleted when the channel list is updated. To stop the scan before it has finished, press the ENTER button with "STOP" selected.
6. Press the EXIT button to exit. If the signal status is poor, the "No Service found! Check the aerial connection" message is displayed. Check the aerial connection and the try the procedure again
Posted on Oct 02, 2009
I have exactly the same problem on LE26R7, but channel 4 on DTV only. Pressing 'D MENU' doesn't do anything. Buying Panasonic next time!!
Posted on Oct 03, 2009
SOURCE: Tuning problem
You may lose some channels when you retune the TV as the channels have been rearranged. To locate them look at the EPG although you may still find that some channels are no longer available on FREEVIEW. See the following link for additional information
If the above process does not work then check the link above for additional information and also visit the accompanying site links below to find more information for your model of TV / FREEVIEW box.
For troubleshooting the retune procedure visit http://tvretune.co.uk/troubleshooting/
For specific model information visit http://tvretune.co.uk/productmanuals/
Posted on Oct 03, 2009
Hi - I have the same problem. Also in Cornwall LG were not interested in helping because the TV was 3 1/2 years old. There was a possible fix in the end offered via LG at a cost of £180 + vat - a hardware update that might or might not work but I was not going to pay that so I now watch my LG 42 plasma via a £25 digi box from the CO OP. LG must have sold 1000's of these Tv's so when the digital switch starts in the more populated areas of the country I exect many more web postings.
Posted on Dec 06, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 04, 2013 | Sony BRAVIA KDL-40S2000 40 in. LCD HDTV
Jun 03, 2013 | Sony BRAVIA KDL-46XBR2 46 in. LCD HDTV
Dec 18, 2009 | Sharp Aquos LC-42D62U 42 in. LCD HDTV
Nov 07, 2009 | Sharp Aquos LC-42D62U 42 in. LCD HDTV
Oct 01, 2009 | Sony BRAVIA KDL-40V4000E 40 in. LCD TV
Feb 19, 2009 | Sony BRAVIA KDL-40V4000E 40 in. LCD TV
Sep 19, 2008 | Sony 32 in. LCD TV
Aug 07, 2008 | Sharp Aquos LC-20B2U 20 in. LCD Television
May 20, 2008 | Sony BRAVIA KDL-40V2500 40 in. LCD HDTV
Feb 08, 2008 | Sony KDL-26U2000 26 in. LCD Television
232 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: