Question about Kolpak SK8-818-CI
Lots of ice built up in the freezer. How to defrost it. What is the proper temperature for freezer
Buy a freezer thermometer from any supermarket, it has a guide.
Red light on for High Freezer Temperature Warning
or freezer not cooling, but fridge is and a lot of noise from compressor.
Also, fridge drain hole blocked, water in bottom of fridge.
This is a common fault in Hotpoint Fridge Freezers and can also happen if the door has been left open or has been a power cut.
1. Turn off fridge freezer, or at least turn down the freezer temp to minimum, though not ideal.
2. Open freezer door and remove all drawers.
3. Remove the back panel on the inside of the freezer. This is held in place with 4 screws, which might be 6mm hex head or star allen head. Pull the panel out.
4. Behind where the panel was, there is a cooling element for cooling, pipes, and below this a temperature sensor. If the fridge freezer is not switched off, then fold together a few layers of tinfoil and wrap around the sensor.
5. Use a hairdryer to slowly melt the ice. Melt it around areas where it appears to be hanging on, such as the corners of the cooling element or bolts, as well as any thin sections below the main block of ice around the cooling element, which will be supporting the main block. Use a plastic ice scraper to remove ice but not near pipes or sensor.
Warning: Be careful using electrics around water & melting ice & drips.
6. Below the cooling element, there is a drip channel & drain hole. If this hole is full of ice, pour a small amound of warm water down, leave for 10 seconds and pour a bit more until clear.
In the fridge, clear the drain hole in the same way.
Warning: Do not pour a lot of water down, as this water drains onto a tray above the hot compressor at the rear of the fridge freezer to be evaporated by the heat of the compressor and the tray will only hold a small amount.
7. When all ice is removed, dry all moisture. Put the shelves back. Close door. Turn on fridge freezer. Turn up the freezer temperature to your normal setting. Turn on fast freeze if available. After 1 hour, check with a thermometer. It should be cold enough after 1 or 2 hours.
Posted on Dec 04, 2013
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 04, 2017 | Whirlpool Refrigerators
Nov 07, 2016 | Panasonic Refrigerators
Sep 28, 2016 | Hotpoint Refrigerators
Dec 09, 2013 | Electrolux Refrigerators
Jun 04, 2011 | Jenn-Air JCB2388G Side by Side...
Oct 29, 2010 | GE Monogram ZISS480DRSS Stainless Steel
Sep 26, 2010 | GE Refrigerators
Jul 10, 2010 | Frigidaire FRS26H7 26 Cu. Ft. Side By Side...
Feb 24, 2010 | Viking 42 in Built In Professional...
Sep 04, 2007 | Kenmore 50522 / 50524 Side by Side...
112 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: