How to install windows 7 operating system
To Install the Windows 7 Operating System (Win 7 OS):
Instructions for a "Clean/New Windows 7 Installation:
AFTER BACKING ALL YOUR DATA THAT YOU DON"T WANT TO LOSE, Do the Following :
1) Insert your Genuine Windows 7 System Disc (Retail or OEM System Installation Disc).
2) Close down all programs and restart your computer.
3) As soon as the computer restarts, you should see a prompt that says something like this: "Press any key to boot from cd/dvd"
....So press any key!... This will boot to the installation disc and prepare for installation or repair (we are going to be installing windows, so ignore the repair options you see on the screen).
*If you don't press a key in time, you will see that the computer will attempt to boot from the hard disc drive instead... if that happens, restart the computer and press a key when prompted.
4) Depending on your particular Windows Version, you will see a prompt that says something about "Do you accept the license terms?" Click "Yes" or "I accept", etc.. and continue on...
5) Choos Custom or Advanced Settings (the other option is for an upgrade..)
6)Select the desired hard disc drive, (HDD aka Hard Drive), Select "Drive Options", and follow the onscreen instructions "Delete the partitions" (Do not Leave another windows installation on the same hard disc drive, unless you are experienced and know how to "dual-boot" properly!) Delete the Partitions.
7) Now choose to install windows (be sure to select the newly deleted empty (unformatted) partition. Windows 7 will automatically format the drive for you and will begin to install windows 7. Follow the onscreen instructions and within a half an hour or less (depending on your hardware) you will be finished, just be sure not to leave the computer unattended while performing a windows installation, since it requires your input quite often to proceed.
That's pretty much all there is to it!.. if you have any more trouble...
Google it or Bing it.... Search Engines are awesome!.... Enjoy!
*NOTE- If your windows 7 disc is a "Upgrade" disc, then you must perform an upgrade while running your previous/older windows version, since Windos Upgrade Discs aren't bootable, they simply patch the older version, replace system files, etc... to transform the previous windows installation into the target/newer version. If you want to perform a clean install, be sure you own a Windows 7 Installation / System Startup Disc.
Jul 06, 2010 |