The first issue is that you do not know what drivers to install. For this, you will have to identify the devices that are installed in your computer. To do this, follow the following steps:
- Open Device Manager (Right-click My Computer>Properties>Hardware>Device Manager)
- The hardware whose drivers are missing will appear as Unknown device, so it’s easier to locate the device.
- Right click on the unknown device and click on Properties.
- Under the Properties window click on Details tab and select Device Instance Id from the drop down box.
- You should see a code similar to this
- The portion of the code highlighted in RED is the Vendor ID and the portion highlighted in GREEN is the Device ID. In this example:
Vendor ID = 8086
Device ID = 27DC
- Once you have obtained both the IDs, go to www.pcidatabase.com. There you can either search for the vendor from the vendor ID or directly get information about the device along with the vendor name by searching with the device ID.
Once you know which device is installed in your computer. You can search for the driver and download & install the same.