How to get your webcam microphone to work: Click on Control Panel, Hardwre and Sound, Sound, Recording. You should see your microphone icon with a Green check mark on it. If there is no Green check mark, it means it is disabled. If there is No green mark on Microphone it never works. To enable the Microphone Right click on Microphone and click on Enable. If you do not see the Microphone in the list, Right click on the White space and select Show disabled devices. Then you would see the Microphone. However, if you do not see the green check mark on it, Right click on it and click on Enable. And also Select Microphone and click on Set Default (If Set as default button is active).
If you see the Green check mark on Microphone the Microphone definitely works.
Step 3: Increasing Microphone Sensitivity and Un-muting the Microphone.
1. Select Microphone and click on Properties button.
2. Adjust the slider until to 100 % of its range.
3. If Mute is on, click the mute button to un-mute the device.
4. If Microphone Boost is available, boost the volume.
5. Click OK to make the changes.
Now the Microphone should work. To verify you can test it on the free webcam test tool site