Assembly guide for larin rear cargo carrier model # CC-500
1) do NOT tighten nuts as you assemble. Loosely finger tighten to keep bolts in place during assembly.
Tools: adjustable wrench, ratchet, quick release clamp, linesman pliers.
2) think about a zipper closure, start at one extreme end point and work top side bolt hole, bottom side bolt hole, next bottom bolt hole, middle bottom bolt hole, etc. I suspect the factory measurements are slightly off, so the holes are not aligned perfectly. Using the clamp to slightly bend the metal helps align the first outer bolt hole and gets the rest of the holes lined up.
3) can be done as a 1 person job, I suggest having an extra set of hands for holding carriage bolt heads still while tightening. Also for lifting, extra set of eyes to ensure cage parts are aligned correctly, and helping you keep your patience.
4) place entire assembly on the trailer hitch, test you rear gate/ door movement, and spacing in the garage.
5) if you decide you would like to keep the device, go ahead and finish tightening the bolts with wrenches, opening and closing the cage as needed, to keep carriage bolts in place. (This is where extra set of hands will help out again.)
i just finished assembling this myself and had to draw on 20 yeas of experience with assembling poorly aligned objects. I had to walk away once or twice to calm down before I stripped or bent one of the bolts.
I could not not find any helpful hints on any sites or YouTube channels. I hope you find this helpful with your assembly project.
May 02, 2013 |
Larin Academy Sports Rear Cargo Carrier