Cant access to my D-link wireless access point to creat a wep key..what i wana do?
1. Do not attempt to configure your wireless router with a wireless connection. If the wireless connection gets interrupted, you may (probably will) not be able to reconnect to the router.
2. Go to http://www.pingplotter.com/freeware.html
3. Download and install pingplotter. The free version.
4. Run ping plotter to determine the IP address of your router. Click on tucows.com and click on trace. Your router will be the FIRST IP address listed.
5. Write the IP address down. If it is not 192.168.0.1 someone has already configured the router.
6. Log in to your router using a wired connection with the IP address you wrote down. (if you cannot do this due to fthe router being pre-configured by your Internet Provider or other problems, you can force your router to reset to the factory defaults and configure it yourself.
6a. Use a straightened paper clip or similar object to force the router to reset itself to the factory defaults. Put the paper clip in the reset hole next to the WAN connector on the router and hold it for 10 seconds. This will force reset your router.
7. Remove the power from your router for at least five minutes. This will cause your IP to reset his connection to your router.
8. Log back in to your router using a wired connection.
9. The default D-link IP address is 192.168.0.1. The D-link default user name is admin. The password is blank. No NOT blank, just enter nothing but the user name and click on the next button.
10. You should be able to configure the router to your satisfaction.
11. Remember to change the Administrator log on information (name and password).
12. You may find it necessary to duplicate a MAC address in order to connect to your IP.
Nov 24, 2009 |
D-Link : DWL-2100AP Wireless-G 108Mbps...