- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Could be poor battery connections or bad (corroded) cables. Put a voltmeter on the battery: ideal would be over 12.6 volts, if less than 12.2 volts, recharge battery.
If you have a voltmeter, google "voltage drop test" to see how to check for high resistance to current flow. Check the positive battery cable from battery to the starter. It may help you find a poor connection.
If this is a dryer your fooling around with 220 volts and you should not use an extension cord (it can cause a voltage drop and burn out the motor in the dryer or worse a fire) If you can't reach the dryer outlet then you should have the outlet moved to reach the dryer.
Providing that you the outlet is putting out proper voltage, check the voltage output of the plug in transformer. Used a voltmeter set to AC and attach the leads under the plug in transformer (where the wire normally go) and plug back into the outlet. The voltmeter should be reading around 9 volts AC. If there is no a low or no reading, you have a bad plug in transformer. It can be replaced with a 9 volt AC 25 volt amp transformer. Battery may also have to be replaced, if it is depleted. If this does not fix the problem, you have a bad panel and it will need to be replaced.
I have the same model chainsaw, and sometimes it's very difficult to start. If you pull the plug and it's wet, with the plug still out pull the starter rope about ten times to clear out the excess gas. Dry the plug and put it back in and try to start it with the choke off. If it fires up, be ready to put the choke on if it starts. I forgot to mention that before starting you should pull in the trigger, push down the button on top of the handle, and hold it down while releasing the trigger. This sets the trigger so that it is on slightly. If it doesn't start, pull in the trigger and give it a few pulls that way. If it doesn't start, pull the plug again and see if it is wet. If it's dry, put the choke on and try to start it. If it still doesn't start, pull the plug, pour a few drops of gas in through the plug hole, replace the plug and try to start it with the choke on. If it still won't start, get a Stihl chainsaw.
take an ohm meter you can buy for ten bucks at radio shack put the volt meter on DC volts plug the charger into the battery charger end the black lead goes tothe outside and the red goes inside, set the meter for 12 volts dv and mesure the voltage. read the voltage output on the battery charger transformer see if it's within a half volt if not the charger is bad, if it's ok then use rubbing achol and a q tip to clean the battery connectors on the computer and the battery itself, if you do not get the light then pull the battery out and hold the power button in the on postion and hold the enter key for 1 minute and try again, if the lights do not come back on your battery is dead, if the computer will still boot with the battery then the charger is working if it won't boot up the battery is dead. Got it?
I believe I've solved the problem. I had tried the hard reset but then last night I thought about it and decided that since this house was built 22 years ago, I wondered if the electrician had used the short cut method on installing the sockets for electrical power. So, I measured the voltage at the adjoining socket while heating water. The voltage before turning on the microwave was 122.7 volts. After the microwave was turned on, it dropped down to 107.6 volts. I located the circuit breaker and shut it off and then pulled out the dual socket. Sure enough, they had used the time saving technique of stripping the wire back about 5/8 inch and then pressed it into the back of the socket. I figured it would be better with the microwave pulling 12 amps to just take the wire and wrap it around the screws on the side of the plug, tighten them down and then put it back in the box. Turned the circuit breaker back on and reset the clock on the microwave and did some more tests. No problems so far and when I measured the voltage drop, it went from 122.7 down to 119.7 running at full power. Don't remember the wire size but it was adequate. The only other thing I may try to eliminate any voltage drop would be to go to the master breaker box and tighten down the screw on the breaker going to that microwave outlet. I had tightened them all down in the whole 200 amp box a long time ago, but it probably wouldn't hurt to go thru the whole box again.