Question about Computers & Internet
Cant log on to internet
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I know nothing about Linux and had the same problem. I found this on another site as I have been searching for an answer. Just finished as instructed and it has worked. Just in case I renamed the folder rather than deleting it!
"Follow this then restart and everything should come back to normal. It took me 3 minutes and worked fine.
This is to find and delete the networking folder (which is causing the problem):
1. From the regular Aspire One options page, go to the Files panel
2. Click on the triangle to see more icons
3. Click on MyFiles, which opens a file manager window.
4. In the menu bar, select View->Hidden files, to show a tick in the box. You should be in the "My Disk:///" directory.
5. Scroll down until you find folder "gconf" and then click on that
6. Find folder "system" and click on that
7. You should now see folder "networking" listed as one of the folders.
8. DELETE IT! (Right click on the networking folder, and select option delete.)
I just restarted from here and the icon re appeared in bottom right the menu bar, I just clicked on it to set it up with my wifi signal and it did the rest itself. " Have fun and dont panic!
Posted on May 10, 2009
Find a USB memory-stick, and find a computer with Internet access and an available USB port.
Put the memory-stick into the USB slot.
Browse to ACER's web-site, and select your specific model of the Aspire line, and select Windows XP, and select network-controllers, and download the device-drivers, and copy them onto the memory-stick,.
Walk the memory-stick to your Acer, and install the device-driver.
Posted on May 07, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 04, 2010 | Acer Aspire 5315 Notebook
May 19, 2010 | Acer Aspire 5315 Notebook
Mar 18, 2010 | Acer Aspire 5315 Notebook
Feb 20, 2010 | Acer Aspire 5315 Notebook
Jan 14, 2010 | Acer Aspire 5315 Notebook
Jan 18, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5315 Notebook
Aug 14, 2008 | Acer Aspire 5315 Notebook
10 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!