Question about Toshiba (MK1059GSM) 1 TB Hard Drive
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
One or more of the hints below will probably sort out most USB problems with most USB portable / external hard drives and OTHER devices (though not always)
1. Ensure it is connected directly to the computer to a USB 2.0 port not a USB 1.0 port as this can have effects on performance and reliability
2. Use only the cables that came with it NOT one that fits that may have been lying around or is longer.
3. Do not connect through an external USB HUB unless that hub is USB 2.0 AND has its own power supply.
4. Use ONLY the power supply that came with it if it has an external power supply Don’t use any other unless you know it has both the same voltage and current rating e.g. 12V 500mA anything rated below that would not work properly.
5. Always use the same port for connecting your devices. Some devices do not like being switched about. If switched they may want to install software / drivers again. This can be especially true if you move a HUB to another port
6. If none of the above steps help look at updating the drivers from the manufacturers web site in the support section.
7. If you checked and fixed anything there and still have issues then check your hardware from CONTROL PANEL / SYSTEM / HARDWARE.
Any exclamation marks by hardware need fixing before you investigate any further
8. ensure that you have set removable drives for "quick removal" or that you use the "Safly Remove Hardware" option often shown on the lower toolbar.It is possible that files my not be fully written to external devices before they are removed. This corrupts the file itself and even on occasion the drive.
USB hard drives should be treated with extreme care.
This is a real hard drive ! and knocks and bumps can quite literally kill them.
Note that if you hear a drive clicking or pinging this could be the worst thing you would hear.
Known as "The Click Of Death"
Hope this gives you the information you need
Posted on Dec 16, 2009
Somehow you have scheduled a scandisk operation. The instruction for the PC to do this is stored in the registry. If you use a registry cleaner, such as ccleaner, you should be able to remove this request.
Posted on Apr 14, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 20, 2015 | Toshiba 1TB MK1059GSM HDD2K11, 5400-RPM,...
Apr 14, 2015 | Toshiba Computers & Internet
Mar 16, 2014 | Toshiba Computers & Internet
Jan 11, 2013 | Western Digital 1TB WD ELEMENTS USB...
Jun 11, 2012 | Toshiba HDD2H92) 500 GB SATA Hard Drive
Jun 17, 2011 | Toshiba (MK1059GSM) 1 TB SATA II Hard...
Mar 05, 2011 | Cavalry Storage Cavalry CAUH 1TB USB 3.0...
Jul 17, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite A215-S4747 Notebook
May 20, 2010 | Western Digital My Book Essential 1TB...
Apr 14, 2010 | Toshiba Computers & Internet
Sep 12, 2012 | Toshiba (MK1059GSM) 1 TB Hard Drive
73 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: